Media bias for FourFourTwo

According to some gimp on Rag Cafe, Toma's article is so biased that it's unreadable and then implies that the perceived media bias is totally justified because our success is bought, not earned, which shows an astonishing lack of self-awareness of his own club's history. Personally I hope we continue to ruin football if it upsets the sanctimonious bitter **** so much:

"So biased as to be unreadable (note how Toure's signing is dressed-up as 'astute business' without ever mentioning his game-changing salary) and guilty of sustaining the self-serving myths that money has little to do with their success & that the media has an agenda against them. This kind of siege mentality only works when there's some truth within it, and I believe that intelligent City fans see it for what it is: discomfort stemming from the fact that their club's success is bought, not earned."

Last edited:
According to some gimp on Rag Cafe, Toma's article is so biased that it's unreadable and then implies that the perceived media bias is totally justified because our success is bought, not earned, which shows an astonishing lack of self-awareness of his own club's history. Personally I hope we continue to ruin football if upsets the sanctimonious bitter **** so much:

"So biased as to be unreadable (note how Toure's signing is dressed-up as 'astute business' without ever mentioning his game-changing salary) and guilty of sustaining the self-serving myths that money has little to do with their success & that the media has an agenda against them. This kind of siege mentality only works when there's some truth within it, and I believe that intelligent City fans see it for what it is: discomfort stemming from the fact that their club's success is bought, not earned."
Based on my experience, I would say that intelligent City fans think that poster's a ****.

Based on my experience, I would say that intelligent City fans think that poster's a ****.

Too right. The fact that even neutral fans have picked up on the negativity towards City in certain sections of the media - namely BT's CL coverage of our games - proves that there is an agenda to a certain extent. No denying we get some positive stories written about us too but they tend to be few and far between.

I find it more than a little amusing that this poster seems to think that City fans reckon our recent success isn't as a result of the investment yet every blue I know readily admits that we won the lottery. The truth is that it's fans of clubs like United, Liverpool, and Arsenal that won't admit to their own lottery wins at various points in their history.

Today's Times denotes half a page to an article by the ginger pig claiming that if City were approaching Pep today he wouldn't come.

Why should the ginger pig be bothered?
Surely, if Pep is a one trick pony, overrated and can only do well at places that are dominant, he'd be happy wouldn't he?.................. wouldn't he?
He's the little piggy in the straw house.
Pep the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing. Scholes won't let him in though. Not by the ginger hairs on his chinny chin chin.

Too right. The fact that even neutral fans have picked up on the negativity towards City in certain sections of the media - namely BT's CL coverage of our games - proves that there is an agenda to a certain extent. No denying we get some positive stories written about us too but they tend to be few and far between.

I find it more than a little amusing that this poster seems to think that City fans reckon our recent success isn't as a result of the investment yet every blue I know readily admits that we won the lottery. The truth is that it's fans of clubs like United, Liverpool, and Arsenal that won't admit to their own lottery wins at various points in their history.
Fans of those clubs are most adept at cherry picking which parts of their clubs' history to focus on, or quite simply their knowledge of their own clubs is woefully deficient. I always enjoy meeting gobby united fans whose knowledge of their club reveals itself to discernibly less than mine - which is most of them.

They try to block it from their minds, of course, but being a City fan over the last eight years, having followed the club previously, has to be as good a fan experience that the game of English football has ever seen. We've all seen City do things that were unimaginable a decade ago, which has hugely accentuated our experience of success, as supporters. Quite frankly, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'm pretty certain I'd be too busy enjoying what it brought to my life without worrying about the happenstance that brought it to my door. Do kids who inherit vast fortunes agonise about how unfair it is on the wider world? Some might, but in the main they'll find ways of justifying it. To think that City fans haven't fully enjoyed what has befallen us these last few years is to fail to understand human nature. Those at the top will always find ways of justifying it to themselves, because being there feels good and they want those feeling to continue, unadulterated by feelings of guilt, or it being in some way undeserved. The human mind is a wonderful weapon of self-justification, for those who've made it to the top, by whatever means.

I think that is what hurts them so profoundly. Just how much fucking fun most of us have been having for the last eight years. It's been a fucking ball - and in their quiet moments of reflection, they must know this to be true.

What should be equally astonishing is that someone who is clinically a moron is paid good money to espouse in a publication that considers itself to be 'quality' - although I fully expect Scholes is given significant assistance in articulating his thoughts (such as they are) into written form.

The notion that any leading manager would be discouraged solely by a club's current standing doesn't bode well for united in their quest to remain relevant.

It was most gratifying watching the game on Tuesday, seeing how much finishing above City has come to mean to united; officials, players and supporters alike. I was discussing with my best mate earlier on the number of radio silences that were briefly truncated on Tusday evening. He got one from someone he hasn't heard from in nearly twelve months. They want it so badly, and when they get a scent, the mask slips.

In many ways tomorrow is as much a defining game as the semi final was in 2011. It cannot be stated often enough how important it is to our plans that we keep united at arms length. It won't stop us in our tracks if we fail, but it will make our plans much more challenging if we do.

It will also make the summer pretty unbearable. They are such a desperate, graceless bunch. A truly appalling combination to be on the receiving end of.
BOTM GDM you have grown on me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.