Media bias for FourFourTwo

All the following were published on The Sun‘s website between December and January.

* ‘Pep Guardiola will wait if Manchester United won’t ditch Louis van Gaal’ – Neil Custis, December 7.

* ‘Manchester United step up chase for Pep Guardiola’ – Antony Kastrinakis, December 13.

* ‘Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City all want Pep Guardiola to be their next manager’ – a Martin Lipton and Shaun Custis exclusive, December 16.

* ‘Roman Abramovich has told Pep Guardiola he will give him anything he wants to take over at Chelsea – a Martin Lipton exclusive, December 22.

* ‘Pep Guardiola agrees Man City deal but tells Man Utd and Chelsea he is STILL open to offers’ – Duncan Wright, December 23.

* ‘Pep Guardiola feels loyal to Man City – but wants to see what United offer’ – Antony Kastrinakis, January 5.

* ‘Pep Guardiola tells Manchester United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal: Come and get me’ – Toby Gannon, January 5.

* ‘Pep Guardiola looks destined for Manchester City…unless United make their move quickly’ – an Antony Kastrinakis exclusive, January 5.

* ‘Could Arsenal pull off a miracle and land Pep Guardiola at end of the season?’ – Antony Kastrinakis, January 6.

Why anyone gives a rats what these idiots say is beyond me. They have not got the first clue what's going on as is patently clear from the above. Four stories in two days and he's going to city, Utd and Arsenal. Not only that, but 3 of them were written by the same bloke! I think one of their major sources of irritation with us is that they find out absolutely nothing until it's happened. Also, like all sports based opinion writers, they can make anything up they like. Always was true and probably always will be true.
Exactly right. As far as I'm concerned I welcome the lot of them to be as odious, bitter and jealous as they can possibly be because not a single word they write or say matters. Nobody's opinion who reads thair shit is worth listening to or responding to neither.

The day gutter sports journalism matters is the day sport and its fans has truly lost its way.

It was good to watch a re-run of that scandalous Sunday Supplement edition. However, that was by no means an isolated episode. Every week, different hacks would seriously rip into the club, the players, Garry Cook etc. Whilst a lot of todays online pieces are clickbait for the masses, the early Sunday Supplement shows were far more sinister with an assortment of hacks showing their true feelings of hatred.
Most of the City-haters - the ones who aren't actually or professionally dead - are still invited on there
anger_zpsvhxitopu.jpg
download_zps3cfd2b68.jpg

Martin-Lipton-screenshot_zps77e757d3.png
stevebates_zps9bb2a0d1.jpeg
antony-kastrinakis_zpsa21973ce.jpg
PRESSPACK_zps5fa1600e.jpg

so many, not forgetting the presenters of course - Neil Ashton and before him Brian Woolnough. Jimmy Hill was OK though;)

Surely the worse position we end up in, the greater the achievement Peps anticipated success would appear?
Let's just say that after the Pep announcement, the players went balls out to try to impress him and prove they're worth a place in his squad.
We win all our remaining games and go neck and neck with Leicester for the title. Then put some effort into the cl and win it. We finish the season with a treble. Anything less after his first season in charge would be deemed a failure.
He's taking over while the team is at a low ebb.
I believe he'll have a huge impact on every facet of the club.

Most of the City-haters - the ones who aren't actually or professionally dead - are still invited on there
anger_zpsvhxitopu.jpg
download_zps3cfd2b68.jpg

so many, not forgetting the presenters of course - Neil Ashton and before him Brian Woolnough. Jimmy Hill was OK though;)
Look at the state of the cunts. A bunch of fucking geeks and nobodies. Why does anyone care what these fuckers come out with?

Seeing that pic of the red slug Ian Herbert reminded me of that snidy piece he did for the Belfast Telegraph claiming City were about to sack Mancini, even though he had only been in the job a matter of months.
Caused a stir on here, about 45 pages worth.

Last edited:
anger_zpsvhxitopu.jpg
download_zps3cfd2b68.jpg

But but they have jobs saying they are "reporters/journalists" this ofc means they have more insight and a higher plain of understanding than us right?

I mean they could not get away with being bloggers who just happen to get paid right ? ;-)

Picked-up the Times this morning and couldn't help but notice the headline shouting off the sports pages - Guardiola would not take the City job if he was being offered it now (due to how shit we have recently become).

This thought-provoking hypothesis was the considered view of non-other than that respected luminary and fount of all knowledge on matters relating to Manchester City, Munich and the critical reasoning skills of our incoming new manager Pep - yes folks it's our good friend Mr Paul Scholes.

Why these twats are asked their opinion on matters relating to our Club (and why that uninformed, distorted viewpoint of an opinion is then published by the media) is a mystery to me - or actually perhaps not.
What should be equally astonishing is that someone who is clinically a moron is paid good money to espouse in a publication that considers itself to be 'quality' - although I fully expect Scholes is given significant assistance in articulating his thoughts (such as they are) into written form.

The notion that any leading manager would be discouraged solely by a club's current standing doesn't bode well for united in their quest to remain relevant.

It was most gratifying watching the game on Tuesday, seeing how much finishing above City has come to mean to united; officials, players and supporters alike. I was discussing with my best mate earlier on the number of radio silences that were briefly truncated on Tusday evening. He got one from someone he hasn't heard from in nearly twelve months. They want it so badly, and when they get a scent, the mask slips.

In many ways tomorrow is as much a defining game as the semi final was in 2011. It cannot be stated often enough how important it is to our plans that we keep united at arms length. It won't stop us in our tracks if we fail, but it will make our plans much more challenging if we do.

It will also make the summer pretty unbearable. They are such a desperate, graceless bunch. A truly appalling combination to be on the receiving end of.

Last edited:
In many ways tomorrow is as much a defining game as the semi final was in 2011. It cannot be stated

Spot-on kid. As we've strolled along pleasantly on planet pellegrini, those rag rapscallions have sneakily got their foot in the door and given themselves a tiny glimmer of hope. Time to slam it firmly shut once again!

Spot-on kid. As we've strolled along pleasantly on planet pellegrini, those rag rapscallions have sneakily got their foot in the door and given themselves a tiny glimmer of hope. Time to slam it firmly shut once again!
I think we'll clamber over the line tomorrow. It would be truly lamentable if the curtain call of this group of players, whose time is quite possibly coming to an end, ended with a whimper. In fairness, domestically speaking, FA Cup Final in 2013 apart, they've delivered when it matters in the determinative games.

One last push please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.