Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Take rooney v ballotelli. Rooney not fit to train because he is basically a piss head , fraud and general prick. World class my arse. Gets fine , media brush over it, fergie a genius for fining him ( even though he pandered to his demands last year) . Now think of any ballotelli incident you like and ballotelli is a twat and mancini a bafoon. Tell you what my money is on mario being a dam site more professional than the grannyfile. Yet how do the media protray the two. biased.... Too right

Most Biased Sporting Commentator|TV Fugly Awards goes to; Martyn fvking Tyler

As for Ray Wilkins;
"Obvious Chelsea biased" who just can't hide it , he may have a bit of knowledge but annoying bumbling, mumbling miserable fcker who just mumbles on , Spot on Martin "Tyler" - you've got to stay on your feet lad - Ashley Cole a delightful chap - Follow the man, not the ball. Follow the man, not the ball - well intercepted! You see, Martyn' he made sure he followed the ball there..... not to mention the on going Chelsea crap love affair.....!

WTF
pmsl24.gif

Mugatu said:
No you're absolutely right Pigeonho and you're speaking sense as usual in the face of the good old blue tinted bluemoan bias. Any game where there is a last gasp goal for an underdog against a vastly superior team who have dominated for 90 minutes will (and should) provoke an amazed shout from the commentator, if he doesn't react he's not human.

It's all very well to be "neutral" but football is a human and emotional pursuit and no-one wants to hear a monotone, disinterested commentator. Some city fans will always hear what they want to hear unfortunately and yesterday that seemed to be a Martin Tyler who was delighted that City conceded, not a Tyler who was delighted that an underdog had come back from a pummelling to get a shock win in the dying seconds.

I think most fair minded individuals will understand why a commentator would get excited by the underdogs 93rd minute winner over the league leaders. The problem with Tyler is that this is not an isolated incident. Did you hear his commentary during the liverpool game? Or the Chelsea game? Or arsenal? And then yesterday? If you listen, he seems to have more of a problem describing things with enthusiasm - goals, corners, general team play - if they happen to be City goals, corners etc than if they happen to whoever we happen to be playing. That to my mind suggests a preference for each of those 4 teams above city, whatever his reasons for that preference happen to be. Can you think of a better word to describe that preference than 'bias'?

I will say it over and over again any city fan who comes on here and in any small way defends Tyler they need to have a long hard look at themseves he hates us and cant hide it. The rest of the media are nearly as bad just had txt off a mate about article in todays guardian describing city as JOINT TOP and a club in crisis. FFS

blue underpants said:
I will say it over and over again any city fan who comes on here and in any small way defends Tyler they need to have a long hard look at themseves he hates us and cant hide it. The rest of the media are nearly as bad just had txt off a mate about article in todays guardian describing city as JOINT TOP and a club in crisis. FFS
Yeah but there are blues who say we finished joint second.
Also, why do you think Tyler hates us? Why would he when we have nothing to do with him?

I met Tyler a few years ago and spent a few minutes in his company.

I got the impression that he had pretty positive feelings towards our club, but not excessively so. I can't speak for his current state of mind, obviously.

I think there are many people in the media, who for various reasons don't like City, usually because of their own loyalties conflicting with our precipitous rise. Getting excited about a 93rd minute goal isn't enough to make me think that Tyler has joined that group.

moomba said:
I remember our last second winner against Villareal.

I've heard more excitement at a funeral, it was very much as if the commentators were disappointed we scored.

Heh, good point. He sounded like a kid who'd just had his balloon deflated. His reaction was basically "oh, they've scored". Not surprising when he'd continually referred to what a crisis it would be if we only drew..

Chris in London said:
Mugatu said:
No you're absolutely right Pigeonho and you're speaking sense as usual in the face of the good old blue tinted bluemoan bias. Any game where there is a last gasp goal for an underdog against a vastly superior team who have dominated for 90 minutes will (and should) provoke an amazed shout from the commentator, if he doesn't react he's not human.

It's all very well to be "neutral" but football is a human and emotional pursuit and no-one wants to hear a monotone, disinterested commentator. Some city fans will always hear what they want to hear unfortunately and yesterday that seemed to be a Martin Tyler who was delighted that City conceded, not a Tyler who was delighted that an underdog had come back from a pummelling to get a shock win in the dying seconds.

I think most fair minded individuals will understand why a commentator would get excited by the underdogs 93rd minute winner over the league leaders. The problem with Tyler is that this is not an isolated incident. Did you hear his commentary during the liverpool game? Or the Chelsea game? Or arsenal? And then yesterday? If you listen, he seems to have more of a problem describing things with enthusiasm - goals, corners, general team play - if they happen to be City goals, corners etc than if they happen to whoever we happen to be playing. That to my mind suggests a preference for each of those 4 teams above city, whatever his reasons for that preference happen to be. Can you think of a better word to describe that preference than 'bias'?

Totally agree. I said at the start of this thread I have no problem with him getting excited by a last minute goal (even if it was offside). It's his general attitude towards us during the game that is irritating. And also that he can barely muster excitement when we produce good play/goals (e.g last minute against Villareal)<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 pm --<br /><br />
Mugatu said:

You're missing the point completely but don't let me stop you having a dig at fellow blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.