Media bias - yes that old chestnut

blue underpants said:
I really despair of some people on here when has Tyler ever said he has a soft spot for city everything about the man spits out pure bile against us i dont know or care who he supports the guy is a media up ferguson and man utds arse woman they all are and the sooner we as blues recognise this the better
Why? What will happen if we all recognise this?

No disrespect to Sunderland but I don't think you can compare a 4-3, last minute goal, possibly title deciding, end of season, top of the table game, voted game of the decade to ours yesterday mate, but in any case, I think the issue is that Tyler, throughout the whole match barely raised his tone in anything positive we mustered and yet when Sunderland got into our half it was 'orgasmic', the end just summed up exactly what he was hoping would happen all along, a bit like having a wank and stopping before you come, doing it until 90 minutes and then BOOM !
Not what I expect from a supposed neutral professional.

Dirty Harry said:
No disrespect to Sunderland but I don't think you can compare a 4-3, last minute goal, possibly title deciding, end of season, top of the table game, voted game of the decade to ours yesterday mate, but in any case, I think the issue is that Tyler, throughout the whole match barely raised his tone in anything positive we mustered and yet when Sunderland got into our half it was 'orgasmic', the end just summed up exactly what he was hoping would happen all along, a bit like having a wank and stopping before you come, doing it until 90 minutes and then BOOM !
Course it's nothing like the 4-3, I know that, but say for example it was United or Liverpoo playing Sunderland yesterday and the exact same thing happened, the Ji goal would have got the same reaction as there's no reason why it wouldn't. It was last minute, they'd been cunted throughout the game and clinched it with the last kick. That type of smash and grab goal from the underdog will always get an excitable reaction from any commentator.

Thank you DIRT HARRY someone talking sense.PIGEONARSE or whatever your called go take ahike to...ot

Pigeonho said:
Dirty Harry said:
Course it's nothing like the 4-3, I know that, but say for example it was United or Liverpoo playing Sunderland yesterday and the exact same thing happened, the Ji goal would have got the same reaction as there's no reason why it wouldn't. It was last minute, they'd been cunted throughout the game and clinched it with the last kick. That type of smash and grab goal from the underdog will always get an excitable reaction from any commentator.

I think you've missed my point a bit P, I've no actual problem that the last minute thing is something to get worked up about to an extent ( although not to be on a par as some of his commentary games), but it was what went on beforehand that spoke volumes, but the biggest indictment was that I watched it with my Mrs and her Dad (both reds) and even they commented more than a few times about Tylers commentary and general comments (mentioned one in another thread so I'm not just pulling this one out of thin air), my Mrs has also watched plenty of his commentary on our games and thinks he is more than a little biased.

Tyler's is and always will be an arse licking backstabbing shithouse, I cannot wait for the day we eventually lift that title, I want him crying all the way back to Skysports house.

No you're absolutely right Pigeonho and you're speaking sense as usual in the face of the good old blue tinted bluemoan bias. Any game where there is a last gasp goal for an underdog against a vastly superior team who have dominated for 90 minutes will (and should) provoke an amazed shout from the commentator, if he doesn't react he's not human.

It's all very well to be "neutral" but football is a human and emotional pursuit and no-one wants to hear a monotone, disinterested commentator. Some city fans will always hear what they want to hear unfortunately and yesterday that seemed to be a Martin Tyler who was delighted that City conceded, not a Tyler who was delighted that an underdog had come back from a pummelling to get a shock win in the dying seconds.

Dirty Harry said:
Pigeonho said:
Dirty Harry said:
No disrespect to Sunderland but I don't think you can compare a 4-3, last minute goal, possibly title deciding, end of season, top of the table , voted game of the decade to ours yesterday mate, but in any case, I think the issue is that Tyler, throughout the whole match barely raised his tone in anything positive we mustered and yet when Sunderland got into our half it was 'orgasmic', the end just summed up exactly what he was hoping would happen all along, a bit like having a wank and stopping before you come, doing it until 90 minutes and then BOOM !

I think you've missed my point a bit P, I've no actual problem that the last minute thing is something to get worked up about to an extent ( although not to be on a par as some of his commentary games), but it was what went on beforehand that spoke volumes, but the biggest indictment was that I watched it with my Mrs and her Dad (both reds) and even they commented more than a few times about Tylers commentary and general comments (mentioned one in another thread so I'm not just pulling this one out of thin air), my Mrs has also watched plenty of his commentary on our games and thinks he is more than a little biased.
Ok I can see that. I will actually go as far as to say I remember his comments yesterday about individuals v a team, as I thought to myself 'hang on we are top of the league, so surely we have established ourselves as a team?', but then it went out of my head as quickly as it went in and put it down to how we made 6 changes, so he was referring to the actual team being changed. Then again though I don't subscribe to the whole 'agenda' thing, (other than Aguero and Dzeko clearly being a part of it, what with their non-scoring ways ;-) )

blue underpants said:
I really despair of some people on here when has Tyler ever said he has a soft spot for city everything about the man spits out pure bile against us i dont know or care who he supports the guy is a media up ferguson and man utds arse woman they all are and the sooner we as blues recognise this the better

I can't be arsed finding it, but its nonsense to think any commentator getting a job (bar Ray 'My Word' Wilkins) is openly or consistently biased.

His commentary yesterday made me smile, it was brilliant.

I think he claims to support Woking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.