Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably a legitimate question for such ‘journalists’ would be to ask if they themselves have received payments, kindnesses from third parties to ask such questions and pursue certain agendas at particular times. Quite sure they’d be equally indignant about being asked, but the lines between whose employ football journalists are increasingly blurred, which makes the question moot.

Last edited:
Jim White and Danny Murphy playing good cop/bad cop with Knob Harris on TS right now. For me Harris is guilty of bringing journalism into disrepute.
My base instinct is to wish Harris be locked in a room for 5 minutes with Kolarov to ask him the same question.
I apologise to fellow blues for giving Jim White air space in my home but a TS ban is now restored.

Last edited:
Jim fucking white. ‘Pep bristled at the FFP question.’ No he didn’t he bristled at the insinuation that he had taken a bung, you bellend.

(1) the media have no right to know how (or how much) Guardiola is paid
(2) it would only be relevant if Mancini's separate advisory role (or whatever it was called, even if it's a blatant FFP dodge) is against FFP rules

The ones who justify Harris' question on the grounds that questions are important would object thoroughly if they were subject to the same thing. Asking questions is fine, but they do have to be justified. Otherwise, we're all free to ask anything we like of them on the same grounds, and - more importantly - they're compelled to answer them.

That they don't like.

Six months of press conferences to ask that question.
If they've asked in writing and got no answer, it's likely because that would lend credence to the leaked emails (which the club avoided until very recently).

Presumably a legitimate question for such ‘journalists’ would be to ask if they themselves have received payments, kindnesses from third parties to ask such questions and pursue certain agendas at particular times. Quite sure they’d be equally indignant about being asked, but the lines between whose employ football journalists are in are increasingly blurred, which makes the question moot.
I expect most football journalists will have taken a back-hander at some point. I'd be staggered if that wasn't correct.

Six months of press conferences to ask that question.
If they've asked in writing and got no answer, it's likely because that would lend credence to the leaked emails (which the club avoided until very recently).

I don't mind in principle the question being asked. But if questioning is legitimate, then questioning the motives of journalists is also legitimate, and that question was specifically to attempt to cast aspersions. Fine, then the same can be done to them - that's what they object to when it happens. Journalists often seem to believe they are a higher authority, and they are not. They are every bit as worthy of scrutiny as anyone else. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't mind in principle the question being asked. But if questioning is legitimate, then questioning the motives of journalists is also legitimate, and that question was specifically to attempt to cast aspersions. Fine, then the same can be done to them - that's what they object to when it happens. Journalists often seem to believe they are a higher authority, and they are not. They are every bit as worthy of scrutiny as anyone else. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yes. But he's had six months to ask in press conferences - why hasn't he done so?

As for the last bit - Harris, obviously.

Thought I'd watch the FA Cup highlights on the BBC....

Jason Mohammad presents highlights of the FA Cup final at Wembley. Victory for Manchester City against Watford will give them a second major domestic cup trophy of the season.

Fuck me! How petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.