Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect most football journalists will have taken a back-hander at some point. I'd be staggered if that wasn't correct.

Indeed. Doesn’t even have to be cash-stuffed envelopes. They’re highly dependent on accessing avenues to particular information, and the days when top ‘players’ and clubs need them more are long gone.

Its not the media's fault City fans are so upset about the media, it's the clubs. According to this no mark anyway...

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...e-fa-cup-money-owners-abu-dhabi-donald-trump/
The stench of irony that emanates from this paragraph is almost too much to bear:

"As increasing questions have been asked of the sports-washing of their Abu Dhabi owners – using City as a PR tool to legitimise a corrupt regime – City’s fanbase have become staunch defenders of something they actually know little about."

It's been quite astonishing to see Abu Dhabi's transformation into a supposed rogue state akin to North Korea since the dippers and a handful of embittered journalists started banging this particular drum.

Last edited:
The stench of irony that emanates from this paragraph is almost too much to bear:

"As increasing questions have been asked of the sports-washing of their Abu Dhabi owners – using City as a PR tool to legitimise a corrupt regime – City’s fanbase have become staunch defenders of something they actually know little about."

It's been quite astonishing to see Abu Dhabi's transformation into a supposed rogue state akin to North Korea since the dippers and a handful of embittered journalists started banging this particular drum.
Abu Dhabi should aspire to be like the UK and/or the USA.

"Staunch defenders of something they actually know little about"

We know patronising bullshit when we see it.

I absolutely despise some parts of the media. This is a targeted witch hunt. There is a clear agenda here. I hope the City legal team and execs are ready to go to war.

What goes on in the Middle East etc I don't agree with totally, but its not City's fault. Fuck its goes on all over the world. I just hope we sort the feckers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.