Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
think you need to watch the documentary on sky mate re the 99 season dickov and weaver confirm they did this, it was a local school gym not a park, it was willie donachie's idea to do this.
i don't remember booing the players during any warm up though. think it was more to clear players minds in a neutral enviroment

I actually went round one midweek kickoff in later years. Really weird seeing the mighty George Weah stretching in the local primary school.

Not a good look either for a grown man on his tiptoes trying to peer into a kiddies school either

My impression—from reading many of his tweets to try to get some form of context for his crusade against City—is that he does not possess a particularly keen mind.
Seems to me like he has his agenda and is sticking to it no matter how much evidence to the contrary, usually from City fans, is put in front of him. He just deflects it by making out we're too stupid to understand his point. He said that we've distorted the market on a greater scale than Chelsea and when he was confronted by evidence showing how it was quite the opposite, and by some distance, he just said "yeah but that's just transfer fees." He won't listen to reason, he's too intelligent for that.

I'm really glad that Khaldoon does these yearly interviews and I know everyone was waiting impatiently for it. But I think he missed a trick with the timing.
He could have waited until Friday and gone in even heavier on Liverpool and their nefarious underhanded propaganda and leaks.
Could have gone to town on the amount spent and how it would not be a very good return if they come away with a couple of seconds again.

No pressure Klopp.

Allez Poch.

I think this is where our gallows humour came from. From absolute exasperation that we'd ended up in the old 3rd division, at our lowest ebb at exactly the same time the rags trajectory had gone completely the other way. We had a "f@ck this, let's just enjoy it as it can't get any worse" mentality and started taking the piss out of ourselves. I have to admit having Oldham and Stockport fans taking the piss wasn't pleasant.

That's how I remember it. We had sunk so low we kind of didn't give a fuck anymore. Every fucker was taking the piss. Media, other fans, even bloody Chris Evans in one of the million tv shows he seemed to have out around that time. I remember he had a load of blokes get in a lift wearing City kits and the lift bloke said, "Going down?" Ho ho ho hilarious you ginger prick! In the end we became immune to it and deflected it by taking the piss out of ourselves. It only got stressful when we got into the play offs really.

Looking back it is funny how every other club's fan's marveled at our loyalty and humour back then but now call us plastics and say we have no fan's, nuts.

I remember watching the team play at that school, it was surreal to say the least and I remember no booing just encouragement.

Just found out that Derby has been creative for selling the ground to another owner's company and then leasing it back. Daily Mail called it like that.

Looking back it is funny how every other club's fan's marveled at our loyalty and humour back then but now call us plastics and say we have no fan's, nuts.

Jealousy.

It really is as simple as that.

I mean it’s hardly a generation ago. It’s fairly recent history for us. We still have the same supporters today, the same loyal fan base with a fuck load of humility and self awareness.

In fact the ribbing we take for the occasional empty seat can be attributed to this. The irony in us being called out for being ‘plastic’.

The media tow line has been bought in full by those small minded enough to not grasp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.