Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Northcroft usually fairer than most, but still plenty of guff in this. Whataboutery works two ways - it allows journalists to deflect criticism and hard truths - yet it is never discussed. Northcroft calls it valid, then moves on to more criticism of City, its "weaponised" fans and owners.

He didn't say anything about human rights and foreign policy let alone justify it you ****

"And it is ruthless sophistry to imply those who criticise City are anti the Arab world, or anti Muslim, or whatever he is trying to suggest."
Did Khaldoon make the ethnicity comment about any critics, or just against Tebas?

If the first, Northcroft has a point - it is patently ridiculous to claim that about all criticism, as he points out; if the second, then Northcroft himself appears to have expanded it.

Fucking hell i've just read the whole thing
2 things stand out to me the most,even now he is pushing we are owned by a country and the fact that we are wrong to finally hit back after 10yrs of sucking the vile stuff up

"But most telling is their ownership. Even if you don’t have reservations about the human rights and foreign policy of Abu Dhabi (and plenty fans do not), the fact City are funded by an entire, petro-rich country, giving them wealth unparalleled in football’s history, is a dynamic romantics cannot ignore. Abu Dhabi have lavished so much on City as to make Liverpool, with the world’s most expensive defender and briefly goalkeeper, look to neutrals like underdogs."

"But the people spinning for the Abu Dhabi regime are extremely good at what they do. They don't miss a trick. Attacking the critic is their Trumpian way and one of the issues with Tebas is that, outside football, he appears a pretty questionable individual who is a high profile supporter of a Spanish far right party...so the "ethnicity" card by Khaldoon is a knowing play."

Since when have we attacked our critics? it's been 10yrs ffs

Don't even get me going on the rest of it,city bingo at it's finest

"And it is ruthless sophistry to imply those who criticise City are anti the Arab world, or anti Muslim, or whatever he is trying to suggest."
Did Khaldoon make the ethnicity comment about any critics, or just against Tebas?

If the first, Northcroft has a point - it is patently ridiculous to claim that about all criticism, as he points out; if the second, then Northcroft himself appears to have expanded it.
Just Tebas,he said him bringing ethnicity into it was ugly

There's me thinking we were football fans sick of 10 years of negativity towards our club yet we are a 'weaponised fan base' who are 'spinning things for the Abu Dhabi regime'

2 things stand out to me the most,even now he is pushing we are owned by a country and the fact that we are wrong to finally hit back after 10yrs of sucking the vile stuff up

"But most telling is their ownership. Even if you don’t have reservations about the human rights and foreign policy of Abu Dhabi (and plenty fans do not), the fact City are funded by an entire, petro-rich country, giving them wealth unparalleled in football’s history, is a dynamic romantics cannot ignore. Abu Dhabi have lavished so much on City as to make Liverpool, with the world’s most expensive defender and briefly goalkeeper, look to neutrals like underdogs."

"But the people spinning for the Abu Dhabi regime are extremely good at what they do. They don't miss a trick. Attacking the critic is their Trumpian way and one of the issues with Tebas is that, outside football, he appears a pretty questionable individual who is a high profile supporter of a Spanish far right party...so the "ethnicity" card by Khaldoon is a knowing play."

I can see why this might annoy other fans but his anger should be at the door of the teams that turned the "Premier League" and "Champions to 4th placed League" into the money-spinning competitions they are today. Our silent neighbours are valued at 100 to 150 times more than they were in 1989 and it is they and similar teams that have shown how to generate cash from kicking a football round a field. If they'd been a bit more generous with their wealth and not been so greedy, maybe it wouldn't have caught the eye of richer people around the world but they weren't. They're annoyed because they had it so good and now they're not. Simple.

And there we go yet again
It’s a country, it’s petro-dollars, human rights abuses, unparalleled wealth and so we make lavish Liverpool look poor.
And he’s bringing up ethnicity without realising it.

Ffs Northcroft that is a steaming pile of horseshit

And there we go yet again
It’s a country, it’s petro-dollars, human rights abuses, unparalleled wealth and so we make lavish Liverpool look poor.
And he’s bringing up ethnicity without realising it.

Ffs Northcroft that is a steaming pile of horseshit
If you haven't read his whole piece then don't if you value your blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.