Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't read his whole piece then don't if you value your blood pressure

I couldn’t stomach the whole thing.

As said earlier Martin Samuel composed a concise breakdown of The Rags financial state on a couple of paragraphs.

Jonathan Northcroft has lavished paragraph upon paragraph of flowery pish that is difficult to read and difficult to follow. There are basic errors and incorrect assumptions throughout.

These Arabs are all alike you know. Dubai, Abu Dhabi - it's got Sheikh in front of the name, so must be the same and clearly couldn't own two clubs. And they look the same too...

Always good to watch journalists reveal their prejudices without realising it.
To be fair they are half brothers.

Can't really believe people are getting upset about Match of the Day magazine's alternate take if Liverpool had won the title. Releasing it is amusing, good on them.
Exactly this, if anything it’s the bbc doing some friendly mick taking. It would kill me seeing that as a Liverpool fan.

I seem to recall the "Thank You SM" banner was paid for by fans. Am I correct.
yes but it was printed professionally to confirm with fire regs etc, a real club would have used a bed sheet with “yanks out Dubai in” scribble in black paint. Alas we are a pitiful small and classless fan base.

I think the problem the media scribblers have with the City fan base is because we ask questions that other clubs fans don't ask. Other fans don't know shit about the realities of ffp and the City project.

We are weaponised, but not by our owners, but by the media and the football authorities themselves. They created this knowledgeable fan base; we had to adapt to what we hear and read not correlating to what we see and understand. The two messages are conflicting. Our knowledgeable fans put forward counter claims to the industry narrative, but their voices are not being heard by all, and some that do hear decide to follow the media doctrine rather than rationality. As khaldoon says "we will win on facts"

We are the child in the class who keeps raising it's hand and asking "why" and "prove it"; when every other child just takes what they are saying at face value. The media types have had enough of the unruly kid in the class being difficult. The scribblers misdirect or mislead when asked to explain themselves, although the latest ploy is to haul the child up in front of the class and explain to the rest that there is something wrong with this student. "The student cannot be taught sense like everybody else!"

I think the honest sentence they should use is "the student refuses to be brainwashed!!"

The scribblers will never back down, they are in too deep with the lines they are peddling to the masses. We can only wait them out. City will still be here long after they have been replaced by others who may well see both sides of the arguments. But looking at the new age media meddling by pretty much anyone with a tablet and a spare ten minutes, I don't hold out much hope for that.

Message boards are the media of the future, communal chat rooms with sharing of knowledge. Discussion groups pooling knowledge to help bust the myths of mainstream media bullshit!
The traditional media groups are throwing away their power over the masses by feeding them bullshit in every information arena.
News corporations used to educate, now they debilitate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.