Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Northcroft usually fairer than most, but still plenty of guff in this. Whataboutery works two ways - it allows journalists to deflect criticism and hard truths - yet it is never discussed. Northcroft calls it valid, then moves on to more criticism of City, its "weaponised" fans and owners.

I'm not quite sure what reaction individuals like Northcroft expect from the club and its fans to the relentless barrage of abuse both are subject to from him and his cronies.

It's another manifestation of journalistic hubris that the opinion of a blogger who happens to have been given a job on a newspaper is inviolate, that their opinion is as valid as fact and that no opinion of theirs should be questioned, let alone be publicly dismantled.

I see that Northcroft claims to be an Aberdeen supporter. Good job his allegiance to Ferguson ended when the latter got the Man United gig otherwise you'd think he was another one with an axe to grind.

Jonathan Northcroft usually fairer than most, but still plenty of guff in this. Whataboutery works two ways - it allows journalists to deflect criticism and hard truths - yet it is never discussed. Northcroft calls it valid, then moves on to more criticism of City, its "weaponised" fans and owners.

Why has he not put it on twitter ? Coward

Another example of a snowflake journalist who can't even take valid disputes to his claims let alone criticism of himself and his objectivity on this issue. It's not the first time he's criticised the City fans, now he's calling us "weapons", is he?

He's also consistently displaying double standards. On top of his own whataboutery while levelling that criticism at the City fans, wasn't he the one who said "whether you think the rules are unfair or not, if you've broken them you should be punished because everyone should respect the rules" and then seemed to display sympathy for the person breaking two common laws(not something UEFA and the cartel made up) in hacking and blackmailing as if he should be exonerated.

Alot of these journos seem to be acting the same way, it's like they are telling us to stop seeing this trial by media as an attack: "it's just criticism" yet when we criticise or disagree with them... it's an attack.

I see we're getting dragged into the Newcastle takeover debate.

On sky news, just, some Geordie twat from the Mag fanzine thinks Newcastle will lose their identity just like CITY have if they get taken over.
Wtf?

Fuck off twat.

We know who we are, the fucking best team ever, twat.
I'd want to lose my identity if we had fans like this.

I note that there is not one story regarding us in today's Daily Mail. There has been a change, for certain.

I'm also enjoying the proliferation of the word "whataboutery". It's a word invented by humbuggers and hypocrites to deflect from questionning about their own actions and motives.

Oh it's a perfectly fair objection when that's what people are doing. Not when trying to dismiss the actual subject at hand. I propose we coin "witterboutery" for trying to cheat in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.