Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
QYqi0DT.jpg

Just got those from Google.
Which clubs have American owners?
Which journalists, papers, outlets have mentioned human rights whenever describing the club's owners?

A big fat zero?

Why not?

Same circumstances isn't it?

In terms of human rights abuses you don’t have to look far beyond the good ‘ole US of A.
Just reading a history of the Middle East conflicts and the British and the Americans have their mucky paws all over them. Ours mainly during the rise of Empire, but theirs much more recently from the late 70s with the weaponising and support of Saddam who was gassing his own people as well as the Kurds to the present day.

Funny none seem to want to link American owners to their country’s atrocities, even when Liverpool are bank rolled by a sponsor who is actively involved in real laundering and not a made up sport washing.

Spot on mate.

Which journalists, papers, outlets have mentioned human rights whenever describing the club's owners?

A big fat zero?

Why not?

It's not the same circumstances if the US government don't own a football club. But there's so much "arab" money in all areas of UK life and in many football clubs that i don't see why City would be singled out for ownership links whilst sponsorship deals with such countries receive scant media coverage. Manchester regeneration pretty much depends on this foreign investment right now , so we can't have it both ways. I've never looked to football for moral guidance anyway, it's been corrupt and dodgy since the day i was born. It's the singling out of one club that goes beyond the pale.

It's not the same circumstances if the US government don't own a football club. But there's so much "arab" money in all areas of UK life and in many football clubs that i don't see why City would be singled out for ownership links whilst sponsorship deals with such countries receive scant media coverage. Manchester regeneration pretty much depends on this foreign investment right now , so we can't have it both ways. I've never looked to football for moral guidance anyway, it's been corrupt and dodgy since the day i was born. It's the singling out of one club that goes beyond the pale.
Are Manchester City owned by a foreign government?

A big fat zero?

Why not?

In fact Barney Ronay has been defending Russia, with Chelsea owned by someone as closely connected to the Russian regime as Sheik Mansour is to the UAE leadership. Russia has directly killed thousands of people in the Middle East and indirectly killed hundreds of thousands. Putin has even poisoned and murdered people in this country. His abuses are off the scale compared to Abu Dhabi.
City have been singled out by the racists in the UK media because of the ethnicity of our owners. I am still waiting to hear from people like Ronay and Glendinning as precisely what abuses Abu Dhabi is guilty of. The UAE doesn't even feature in a list of over 100 countries (mostly in Africa and Asia) with terrible human rights records according to Amnesty International.
According to yesterday's Times more than 2,500 dissidents are in death row in Egypt, another one of the UK's allies. I don't expect the press to give City a free pass but what's wrong with balanced and fair coverage, based on facts, all reported in the correct context.

Ah right of course.

Are Manchester City owned by a foreign government?

Essentially, yes. We could argue the technicalities. But our owner certainly effects UAE policy. But as i said, i ain't that bothered at the extent. All clubs have funding from similar sources, be it ownership or stadium naming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.