Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Philip Hammond bought say villa, would the british government own them?

As he influences and affects UK policy.
Great point. Though I'd argue structure of government and how much influence both would have is different, so direct correlation hard, but I'm no expert. You should tell Miguel Delaney this, but you might lose a couple of days.

Sadly, for the sake of this particular argument, the US Government does not own any British football clubs. The UAE does, albeit by proxy. There are plenty of things we can criticise American club owners and sponsors for - Standard Chartered being a case in point - but holding them to account for US foreign policy isn’t really a starter IMO. It’d be like pinning illegal whaling operations by the Japanese government on Chelsea, because they’re sponsored by Yokohama Tyres
Ha ha I think I've gone in over my head with these haven't I!
A big whoosh from everyone would be very welcoming..:)
Thanks.

Fair enough, was a rushed post. Trying to get across point of journalists as to how we are linked to UAE's actions. Do you see no link whatsoever?
No i don't,a football club owned by someone connected to a government is in no way connected/at fault for/affected by the government of that countries actions or policies

Essentially, yes. We could argue the technicalities. But our owner certainly effects UAE policy. But as i said, i ain't that bothered at the extent. All clubs have funding from similar sources, be it ownership or stadium naming rights.

We aint owned by a country Fact!

Or is it like that w@nker Gill who still on the board at the scum and at uefa plus the fa where HE CAN and HAS made rules/laws to benefit his fcuking scum club! Just like Samuel put in black white! Gill influencing the laws/rule from his ivory tower! He is total scum.

So if Philip Hammond bought say villa, would the british government own them?

As he influences and affects UK policy.

Depends on the underlying reason for Philip Hammond having bought Villa. If it was for the promotion of Team GB, then you could surely argue that, whilst not actually owned by the British government, the club would be inextricably linked to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.