Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree the analogy is apt, it’s the underlying premise I’m not sure about. If it would be as unthinkable to refer to Sheikh Mansour as His Highness as it would be here to refer to the Queen as Her Excellency, I’m not sure why we make such a faux pas in the accounts
There's no faux pas.

Our owner's title is "His Highness Sheikh Mansour".

The Emir's title is "His Highness". He's the only one who can be called that.

There's no faux pas.

Ah, understood. So His Highness Sheikh Mansour will never (by those in the know) be abbreviated to become His Highness alone because that’s reserved for the Emir alone?

Thanks for that.

Just puzzles me that they are so upset by our "oil money" and consider Liverpool the mighty underdogs, yet neglect to mention the fact that Liverpool have challenged this season because they bought Van Dijk, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri with the Coutinho money from Barca, who got it from PSG for Neymar, which means the original funds came from Qatar, which means the money is erm...oh wait. Just second-hand.

Or the fact they bought the likes of Firmino with the Suarez money which also came from Barca who funded it at least in part through their Qatar Airways sponsorship, Qatar Airways who are erm...state owned by Qatar, which means that money is erm...erm.

So basically the spine of their team is bought by Qatari money, which as it's Qatari money was obviously "laundered" through Catalunya (as we can't possibly see it as a legitimate source of footballing income) and a large chunk of the rest was funded by their Iranian sanctions breaching (and thus terrorist funding) kit sponsor Standard Chartered, not to mention their share of the £300m beIN Sports pays for PL TV rights, whose boss is the same man who is president of PSG, so again...oops a daisy.

That's before you mention the decades they were bankrolled by people's gambling losses, just a glorified Stoke. Or to mention their Boston kit manufacturer who in no way may have a good rapport with Mr Henry.

Starting to wonder if they have any "legitimate" income. God, no wonder Etihad are falling behind in the airline stakes with their poky contribution.

Liverpool, the most plucky, heroic underdog title challenging squad to be built by gambling debts topped up with second-hand oil money, cushy Massachusetts millions and Iranian sanctions breaching profits ever (TM). Blimey, you'd need a banner the length of the collapsed wall of Heysel to fit all that on.
That is a wonderful analogy BJL and one that I will be using in my vociferous manner to all the Scouse cnuts in my local.
Assuming I can use your bait ? ;)

There's no faux pas.

The thing about these leaks is, the people looking at them most likely don’t understand fully what they are looking at but still draw conclusions that they are reported to have presented to UEFA.
So we have the hacker, what he shows to Der Spiegel, what they get people to search for, a report from them on what they think they’ve found and UEFA being forced by certain clubs to open up a case from 5 years ago based on what this report says.
How these other clubs know what’s in the leaks is a complete mystery.
We also have the outcome of the AC hearing leaked before the IC had referred it to them and before they had evaluated a comprehensive dossier of real evidence put together by City to explain.

If this HH interpretation is anything to go by, I really think this is a total house of cards case in anything other than a kangaroo court.

Last edited:
Just puzzles me that they are so upset by our "oil money" and consider Liverpool the mighty underdogs, yet neglect to mention the fact that Liverpool have challenged this season because they bought Van Dijk, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri with the Coutinho money from Barca, who got it from PSG for Neymar, which means the original funds came from Qatar, which means the money is erm...oh wait. Just second-hand.

Or the fact they bought the likes of Firmino with the Suarez money which also came from Barca who funded it at least in part through their Qatar Airways sponsorship, Qatar Airways who are erm...state owned by Qatar, which means that money is erm...erm.

So basically the spine of their team is bought by Qatari money, which as it's Qatari money was obviously "laundered" through Catalunya (as we can't possibly see it as a legitimate source of footballing income) and a large chunk of the rest was funded by their Iranian sanctions breaching (and thus terrorist funding) kit sponsor Standard Chartered, not to mention their share of the £300m beIN Sports pays for PL TV rights, whose boss is the same man who is president of PSG, so again...oops a daisy.

That's before you mention the decades they were bankrolled by people's gambling losses, just a glorified Stoke. Or to mention their Boston kit manufacturer who in no way may have a good rapport with Mr Henry.

Starting to wonder if they have any "legitimate" income. God, no wonder Etihad are falling behind in the airline stakes with their poky contribution.

Liverpool, the most plucky, heroic underdog title challenging squad to be built by gambling debts topped up with second-hand oil money, cushy Massachusetts millions and Iranian sanctions breaching profits ever (TM). Blimey, you'd need a banner the length of the collapsed wall of Heysel to fit all that on.
Post of the week
Take a bow sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.