Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our own accounts refer to his highness Sheikh Mansour.

Not saying you’re wrong, but if the convention requires that Sheikh Mansour should be referred to as His Excellency (or some other title) it seems odd that the clubs own filed accounts get it wrong
The analogy was putting English words/titles to similar (ish) positions to explain the difference, hrh is relatively common in England there’s about 20 odd of them at least but there is only and only ever be one HM, I fully understand the terminology is slightly different but the concept is a valid comparison.

I think you’re right.
This sportswashing nonsense is just that. It’s actually totally the opposite. All that’s happened is that the UAE has been scrutinised even more with regards to human rights than they ever would have been. How many people would even be aware of the UAE’s connections to the Yemen war if not for anti-City journalists mentioning it any time they can with little regard to accuracy.
Yes I tried to explain that to Delaney at great length yesterday but he just kept repeating that I don’t understand what sports washing is and kept reposting a report that referenced by Amnesty.

Yes I tried to explain that to Delaney at great length yesterday but he just kept repeating that I don’t understand what sports washing is and kept reposting a report that referenced by Amnesty.
It seems to me that it is they who have little understanding of their own terms and have difficulty in explaining them in simple language to others.
Which also suggests to me that they are being told what to say and post with little knowledge of its meaning.

It seems to me that it is they who have little understanding of their own terms and have difficulty in explaining them in simple language to others.
Which also suggests to me that they are being told what to say and post with little knowledge of its meaning.

Just puzzles me that they are so upset by our "oil money" and consider Liverpool the mighty underdogs, yet neglect to mention the fact that Liverpool have challenged this season because they bought Van Dijk, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri with the Coutinho money from Barca, who got it from PSG for Neymar, which means the original funds came from Qatar, which means the money is erm...oh wait. Just second-hand.

Or the fact they bought the likes of Firmino with the Suarez money which also came from Barca who funded it at least in part through their Qatar Airways sponsorship, Qatar Airways who are erm...state owned by Qatar, which means that money is erm...erm.

So basically the spine of their team is bought by Qatari money, which as it's Qatari money was obviously "laundered" through Catalunya (as we can't possibly see it as a legitimate source of footballing income) and a large chunk of the rest was funded by their Iranian sanctions breaching (and thus terrorist funding) kit sponsor Standard Chartered, not to mention their share of the £300m beIN Sports pays for PL TV rights, whose boss is the same man who is president of PSG, so again...oops a daisy.

That's before you mention the decades they were bankrolled by people's gambling losses, just a glorified Stoke. Or to mention their Boston kit manufacturer who in no way may have a good rapport with Mr Henry.

Starting to wonder if they have any "legitimate" income. God, no wonder Etihad are falling behind in the airline stakes with their poky contribution.

Liverpool, the most plucky, heroic underdog title challenging squad to be built by gambling debts topped up with second-hand oil money, cushy Massachusetts millions and Iranian sanctions breaching profits ever (TM). Blimey, you'd need a banner the length of the collapsed wall of Heysel to fit all that on.

The analogy was putting English words/titles to similar (ish) positions to explain the difference, hrh is relatively common in England there’s about 20 odd of them at least but there is only and only ever be one HM, I fully understand the terminology is slightly different but the concept is a valid comparison.

Completely agree the analogy is apt, it’s the underlying premise I’m not sure about. If it would be as unthinkable to refer to Sheikh Mansour as His Highness as it would be here to refer to the Queen as Her Excellency, I’m not sure why we make such a faux pas in the accounts

5e698080d6f51a790962a2e344c92898.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.