Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm never going to let them off the hook on this one. "Oil money" is a racist euphemism. Full stop.
interestingly (or not), I Googled Dirty Oil Money as a phrase and it seems that its genesis relates more to environmental issues, it would seem that since our takover it has become synonymous with an ad hominem attack on the middle east producers.

Fucking bang on.

By chance I posted this in the Raggy thread yesterday...…………………

On 20 February 2013, Manchester United announced that Gill would leave his post as chief executive in the summer of 2013, but that he would remain on the board as a director.
In March 2015, Gill was elected as Britain's FIFA Vice-President, replacing Northern Ireland's Jim Boyce, sitting on the FIFA Council for a 4-year term.
In May 2013, David Gill was elected to the UEFA Executive Committee at the 2013 UEFA Congress in London..

According to Wiki he is still a Director at the Rags and still at FIFA and UEFA. The FIFA Vice Presidency was for 4 years, March 2015 to presumably March 2019 and yet I cant find anything to say he has left that position.

interestingly (or not), I Googled Dirty Oil Money as a phrase and it seems that its genesis relates more to environmental issues, it would seem that since our takover it has become synonymous with an ad hominem attack on the middle east producers.

Yep, and I think that's the point, because it's not an environmental subject when it comes to football of course, and the "dirty" part of that phrase is silently deleted. But it's there - when they say oil money, they absolutely mean "dirty oil money".

By chance I posted this in the Raggy thread yesterday...…………………

On 20 February 2013, Manchester United announced that Gill would leave his post as chief executive in the summer of 2013, but that he would remain on the board as a director.
In March 2015, Gill was elected as Britain's FIFA Vice-President, replacing Northern Ireland's Jim Boyce, sitting on the FIFA Council for a 4-year term.
In May 2013, David Gill was elected to the UEFA Executive Committee at the 2013 UEFA Congress in London..

According to Wiki he is still a Director at the Rags and still at FIFA and UEFA. The FIFA Vice Presidency was for 4 years, March 2015 to presumably March 2019 and yet I cant find anything to say he has left that position.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47147201

No, Gill stepped down from FIFA, hence the appointment of Greg Clarke a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.