Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to re read his post as the whoosh is definitely not yours.
It bothers me when our own fans do not understand the difference between Abu Dhabi and the UAE

An unassailable fact of life here, people just do not understand the UAE or the constituent sovereign states, governing bodies or cultural importance of ‘figure head’ titles that don’t hold actual power.

This leads to the situation we have now where the press can get away with saying the racist, uneducated, non factual rubbish they do.

I also think the general anti Muslim rubbish we see in the press doesn’t help in a sadly confused word.

Nail on head here squirtyflower, you hit it bang on.

What's the score with Nicholas McGeehan? As I understood it, he's a long standing advocate of highlighting human rights issues in the UAE so I've been reluctant to group him in with those gutter journalists who have a clear agenda against our club. However, his recent tweets defending these hypocritical twats outed by @City_rabin suggest he too has an agenda against us. I'm not saying that's his only agenda and I'm beginning to think he has bigger issues with alleged human rights abuses committed by non-whites than whites. Otherwise, why the fuck would he spring to Barney Ronay's defence when good old Barney is happy to blow smoke up Putin's arse?

McGeehan was also quick to jump all over the rumoured Newcastle takeover and posting unsubstantiated bollocks like this:

By chance I posted this in the Raggy thread yesterday...…………………

On 20 February 2013, Manchester United announced that Gill would leave his post as chief executive in the summer of 2013, but that he would remain on the board as a director.
In March 2015, Gill was elected as Britain's FIFA Vice-President, replacing Northern Ireland's Jim Boyce, sitting on the FIFA Council for a 4-year term.
In May 2013, David Gill was elected to the UEFA Executive Committee at the 2013 UEFA Congress in London..

According to Wiki he is still a Director at the Rags and still at FIFA and UEFA. The FIFA Vice Presidency was for 4 years, March 2015 to presumably March 2019 and yet I cant find anything to say he has left that position.

It's all lies obviously . ManU don't break any rules or try to influence anything in their favour.

So quick question for you all - is formula one under this type of scrutiny and pres. pressure for accepting UAE dollars or hosting there, or some of the corrupt nation states they are dealing with ?

Also European league cup final in Baku nowhere - yeah no backhander there was there.......

City are playing with a straight bat against a corrupt regulator (a profit making regulator) which is supported by the press who are profit oriented.

Now the press can only make money by adverts, therefore the more people click through to read the crap the better it is for them.

What do they do - write anything that will appeal to the masses, true, false they don’t care. This would not be happening in the old print based world, simple the revenue model was different.

Side effect for us though is that the public trust the press in this country, so lies are taken as fact, spread and spouted out.

All a mess really but bloody entertaining too - we will come out on top in the end, money always does - even if we end up buying newspapers outright.......

I’m getting increasingly concerned that, because Prince Charles is head of duchy originals, not a single journalist has made the link between him, as a member of the royal family and the possibility that those lovely oaty biscuits you get down at Waitrose are in fact a state owned and subsidised confection.
Are they cooking the books as well as the biscuits??

Baking not cooking when it comes to biscuits surely ?

One of their main areas of research is to find the next "on trend" scandal to wrap us in.

Animal rights,Environmental disasters?

I'm sure the rspca and Greenpeace will oblige with condemnation and soundbites as and when.

It’s an easier jump to global warming....

What's the score with Nicholas McGeehan? As I understood it, he's a long standing advocate of highlighting human rights issues in the UAE so I've been reluctant to group him in with those gutter journalists who have a clear agenda against our club. However, his recent tweets defending these hypocritical twats outed by @City_rabin suggest he too has an agenda against us. I'm not saying that's his only agenda and I'm beginning to think he has bigger issues with alleged human rights abuses committed by non-whites than whites. Otherwise, why the fuck would he spring to Barney Ronay's defence when good old Barney is happy to blow smoke up Putin's arse?

McGeehan was also quick to jump all over the rumoured Newcastle takeover and posting unsubstantiated bollocks like this:

Because he's largely ignored and always has been - until he starts including City and now Newcastle. I can understand that, his profile is his job, and it gets clicks, views and gigs when he drags football in. It's entirely in his interests. Don't blame him for it, but be aware of the why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.