Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
2119r3d.jpg

This doesn’t mean anything in the context of this argument in the press.

How dare you try and bring legally binding evidence to the table

What's the score with Nicholas McGeehan? As I understood it, he's a long standing advocate of highlighting human rights issues in the UAE so I've been reluctant to group him in with those gutter journalists who have a clear agenda against our club. However, his recent tweets defending these hypocritical twats outed by @City_rabin suggest he too has an agenda against us. I'm not saying that's his only agenda and I'm beginning to think he has bigger issues with alleged human rights abuses committed by non-whites than whites. Otherwise, why the fuck would he spring to Barney Ronay's defence when good old Barney is happy to blow smoke up Putin's arse?

McGeehan was also quick to jump all over the rumoured Newcastle takeover and posting unsubstantiated bollocks like this:

Absolutely no idea who this guy is, but he sounds like an ignorant egotistical cock womble so perfect for that type of gig these days.

Because he's largely ignored and always has been - until he starts including City and now Newcastle. I can understand that, his profile is his job, and it gets clicks, views and gigs when he drags football in. It's entirely in his interests. Don't blame him for it, but be aware of the why.

My issue with him is that he's going against everything he claims to stand for. He spouts unsubstantiated shite, sides with journalists who have been outed as sanctimonious pricks when he himself ought to be questioning them, and is trying to shut down City fans for daring to call them out on it, even going as far as to call us "bone-headed".

So quick question for you all - is formula one under this type of scrutiny and pres. pressure for accepting UAE dollars or hosting there, or some of the corrupt nation states they are dealing with ?

Also European league cup final in Baku nowhere - yeah no backhander there was there.......

City are playing with a straight bat against a corrupt regulator (a profit making regulator) which is supported by the press who are profit oriented.

Now the press can only make money by adverts, therefore the more people click through to read the crap the better it is for them.

What do they do - write anything that will appeal to the masses, true, false they don’t care. This would not be happening in the old print based world, simple the revenue model was different.

Side effect for us though is that the public trust the press in this country, so lies are taken as fact, spread and spouted out.

All a mess really but bloody entertaining too - we will come out on top in the end, money always does - even if we end up buying newspapers outright.......

Formula one has Emirates as one of its main sponsors, also its end of year race in Abu Dhabi and our boss man has a decent stake in Ferrari. You won’t see a journalist doing the sports washing angle on this as Ferrari or Torro Rosso haven’t wiped the floor with Liverpool or United recently so no need for them to spit their dummies out and actually pretend to care about human rights in the Middle East like they are doing at the moment.

My issue with him is that he's going against everything he claims to stand for. He spouts unsubstantiated shite, sides with journalists who have been outed as sanctimonious pricks when he himself ought to be questioning them, and is trying to shut down City fans for daring to call them out on it, even going as far as to call us "bone-headed".

Not disagreeing. I'm saying he's making a living at it. Everyone needs to pay their mortgage.

Newcastle's last league title was 92 years ago, their last FA Cup was 64 years ago and they've never won the League Cup.

Their last trophy was the old Inter Cities Fairs Cup 50 years ago and they only qualified for that by a convoluted set of circumstances. They finished 10th which is by far the lowest ever finish to qualify for a European place on league position. They got in because the rags won the European Cup (with City winning the League and both playing in the European Cup), West Brom winning the FA Cup (thereby qualifying for the ECWC) and the one city one club rule at the time disqualifying Everton, Spurs and Arsenal.

On that basis the giant hasn't been sleeping. It's been in a coma.
I’m shocked and surprised they haven’t re-introduced the “One City, one club” rule with an obvious exception being London based of course on ‘istry to nobble us...that would ensure the scum and dippers would have 2 bites of the cherry every season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.