Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little bit sad for his wife, his obsession with Manchester City can't be good for their relationship,
tbh anyone stupid enough to marry an egotistical ginger cockwomble in the first place deserves a life of misery with or without his latest obsession with City.

I was just trying to sum up the press buzzword arms race, have I missed any out?

They say "Financial Doping" - We say investment.
Don't invent dirty words for things that were considered fair game for 100 years or more. Just because a cartel changed the rules to suit them.

They say "Sportswashing" - We say smear-campaign.
The facts are, if that was even an after thought it failed years ago. It only gets worse the better the club does, they would have seen that trend and bailed years ago if that was the case. What has happened is, a wealthy and well connect person bought something, invested and improved it and now it's worth over double what he's spent on it. On the other hand the press has repeatedly singled out Abu Dhabi and damaged it's image for years, probably in the hopes that Mansour does get pressure to sell up, due to the damage being done. They even gave the game away with the same tactic on Pep, when they asked "Pep, as the public face of City facing the press every week, does it get tiring having to answer these corruption and human rights questions". All that would have topped that off is... "do you not fancy fucking off to Italy sometimes eh Pep? ;)"

They counter any claims of hypocrisy with: That's just "whataboutery" - We say that's what you've done from the beginning
Hypocrisy and whataboutery are two sides of the same coin, we need to point out your double standards as it shows your bias for all to see. You don't like it, so you invented a dirty word for it, as you always seem to do on this subject.

They say the fans have been "weaponised" by Abu Dhabi - We say the press are the cartels and UEFA's most "massive weapons" in all of this. Possibly Qatar's too, given how selective the press are with where they find moral outrage the most.

If as I suspect, we have operated within the rules, they will fall back on this "spirit of the rules" argument. "They found a way to win within the rules but it's still not fair, they are still cheats". That's not how it works, either we have broken the rules or we haven't, whether you agree with it or not, you have to respect it, as many of you say to City fans. Also the trouble with that from a moral stand point, is they are talking about the spirit of corrupt rules, aimed to protect the old guard, who feel entitled to continue to outspend us as they've always done.

All in all, they can jog on, I don't trust much of what most of these journos say anymore.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that he claims to be a researcher and he fails to find out who Sheik Khaled is, the same thing goes for the sporting intelligence idiot.

Sheik Khaled's full name is Sheik Khaled Saqr bin Zayed Al- Nahyan, his grandad Sheikh Saqr bin Zayed Al- Nahyan killed his half brother who happened to be Sheik Mansours grandad in 1922, he then went on killing another two of Mansours relatives, but team Mansour regrouped and got back and killed Sheik Khaleds grandad in 1928, they then ban-ished Saqr’s children from Abu Dhabi, the kids ended up in Saudi and after a couple of years they moved to Dubai where their grandma came from.

So Sheik Khaled is not a close relative to Sheik Mansour and he's not a part of the Abu Dhabi Royal Family so he's gonna pass PL's test, the question is how much money he really got. But they will be nowhere near us, thats for sure.
Well done !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.