Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
91pvwayaPpL._SS500_.jpg
Anyone know anything about Sheik Yerbouti.
Hey! that was my avatar at the Grauniad, before was banned by the red Vermin twice.

SARRI FIRST SEASON BETTER THAN PEP'

Frank Sinclair in the Sky Sports News studio: "Sarri has actually won something now. That question mark had been over him all the time he was at Napoli – he didn’t win anything but played a great brand of football. He’s bought that football to England now and some Chelsea fans have taken to it while others have not been so happy with it.

"But when you look at his first season at the club, and compare it to Pep Guardiola’s first season at Man City, there is no comparison – Sarri has done better than Guardiola."

I’m sorry what did Klopp win in any of his seasons with Liverpool .....

Sarri won a competition qualification for which is by failure. What a pity City weren't bad enough to have to compete in it.

Frank Sinclair in the Sky Sports News studio: "Sarri has actually won something now. That question mark had been over him all the time he was at Napoli – he didn’t win anything but played a great brand of football. He’s bought that football to England now and some Chelsea fans have taken to it while others have not been so happy with it.

"But when you look at his first season at the club, and compare it to Pep Guardiola’s first season at Man City, there is no comparison – Sarri has done better than Guardiola."

Without wishing to court controversy, you’d have to say that, factually, he is correct and it’s a perfectly valid assertion, especially from an ex-Chelsea man. The reason he would use Pep and not Klopp is that the latter still hasn’t won anything, whilst Pep has since won 5 out of the 6 domestic trophies on offer.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that the coverage over Arsenal and Chelsea fans and the final in Baku has been centred around grass roots fans and supporters group sticking it to UEFA/CL Sponsors etc for scheduling the final in a hard to reach destination with sub-par infrastructure, and fans getting fleeced with limited and expensive flights, poor accommodation, and ludicrous prices. They've been applauded by the media (and to be honest rightfully so) for standing up to UEFA.

It got me thinking - where was this sympathy for the City fans who were stitched up by UEFA with the CSKA stadium ban? Those who lost money on non-refundable accommodation and transportation? From memory all we got was sneering contempt regarding our booing of the anthem in protest.

It’s been this for a while, you get the press and a lot of other fans spending years whining about UEFA being an at best incompetent organisation and more likely institutionally corrupt. Until they start investigating City, when all of a sudden they can do no wrong and only have the interests of the game at heart.

Now let's see if he can surpass Pep in his second and third seasons.

I love this interview with a City fan outside the ground at Wembley

Salford Blue 20 minutes to 21.30 on Cheesy's vlog. I wonder how many City fans Cheesy's interviewed over the years. This is possibly his best. He's got some words for the media.

Top man!

Wonder if he posts on here?

He’s comparing him to the winner, the benchmark, not Klopp. I’d say that’s a compliment to Pep and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.