Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
sterling7: “No one’s made a big deal out of [the treble]. If another team had done it, a lot more would have been made out of the team, or out of the individuals...”

”Even last year when we won the league with 100 points, it wasn’t really highlighted in a way where I felt it was right... People [need to] understand it’s not easy - the teams that we’re playing against, the managers that set up against us.”

Go razzer

sterling7: “No one’s made a big deal out of [the treble]. If another team had done it, a lot more would have been made out of the team, or out of the individuals...”

”Even last year when we won the league with 100 points, it wasn’t really highlighted in a way where I felt it was right... People [need to] understand it’s not easy - the teams that we’re playing against, the managers that set up against us.”

Go razzer

He isn't wrong though, the only thing that the media love about us is when we lose, then it's a massive deal.

Go razzer

Ffs does he really think those achievements are newsworthy when their are people out there actually eating breakfast!

Go razzer

Oil money, weaponising players to have a go at the media again.

Sterling is right. And I think it is the ultimate weapon of the bias poisonous media. Don't sing our praises, don't make heroes , don't allow football stars to be made from our club..
Yes and he is doing well with his media communciations at present by making his point in a subtle way. He was right to call out the media on racism last year and he's right to call them out on their bias against City now. Coverage of our treble didn't even last 24 hours before we were being slaughtered again. Now the media narrative has moved onto our fans are deluded to think the club is being treated unfairly. But our fans are not stupid and neither are the players.

Yes and he is doing well with his media communciations at present by making his point in a subtle way. He was right to call out the media on racism last year and he's right to call them out on their bias against City now. Coverage of our treble didn't even last 24 hours before we were being slaughtered again. Now the media narrative has moved onto our fans are deluded to think the club is being treated unfairly. But our fans are not stupid and neither are the players.

I will say also that it's my distinct impression that lots/many/maybe most fans (not of the social media keyboard warrior type) think this is entirely accurate as well. It really isn't just City fans who notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.