Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my complaint to Sky:
"SSN are currently showing a dubbed video of Javier Tebas from La Liga calling the Manchester City chairman ‘ignorant’ but with no video of Khaldoon Al Mubarak’s actual comments to present its viewers with a balanced story. Tebas’ lie that Barcelona & Real Madrid have never faced UEFA sanctions is broadcast without challenge as is his false claim that Spanish clubs have never benefitted from state subsidy. The Spanish League is arguably the most corrupt in major European football and Senor Tebas is both its representative and an utterly discredited and self-proclaimed enemy of the Premier League in general and Man City in particular. Yet more blatant anti-Man City bias from Sky pandering to your preferred audience demographic of Man Utd and Liverpool supporters."

Well put, let us know if they respond.

Really showing their true colours this week. Tebas has trash talked City for years, yet even when he's said things that are clearly untrue or highly contentious, his comments are faithfully reproduced without being questioned. Khaldoon has a pop back and he gets plenty of stick from journalists on social media, some of whom try to go to great lengths in an attempt to negate his arguments. Tebas then gets a big interview with the BBC to enable him to respond, and this is widely covered in other outlets, again uncritically. Unimpressive.

This is my complaint to Sky:
"SSN are currently showing a dubbed video of Javier Tebas from La Liga calling the Manchester City chairman ‘ignorant’ but with no video of Khaldoon Al Mubarak’s actual comments to present its viewers with a balanced story. Tebas’ lie that Barcelona & Real Madrid have never faced UEFA sanctions is broadcast without challenge as is his false claim that Spanish clubs have never benefitted from state subsidy. The Spanish League is arguably the most corrupt in major European football and Senor Tebas is both its representative and an utterly discredited and self-proclaimed enemy of the Premier League in general and Man City in particular. Yet more blatant anti-Man City bias from Sky pandering to your preferred audience demographic of Man Utd and Liverpool supporters."
In five weeks you will receive a generic response thanking you for your comments and that we will be looking into how we can improve our coverage moving forward. Fair play to you though. I am still waiting for the FA to respond to me justifying their stupid kick off times for the semi and final...

Really showing their true colours this week. Tebas has trash talked City for years, yet even when he's said things that are clearly untrue or highly contentious, his comments are faithfully reproduced without being questioned. Khaldoon has a pop back and he gets plenty of stick from journalists on social media, some of whom try to go to great lengths in an attempt to negate his arguments. Tebas then gets a big interview with the BBC to enable him to respond, and this is widely covered in other outlets, again uncritically. Unimpressive.

Unsurprising.
And social media bullshit peddling "journalists"wonder why our support has become "weaponised".

We need an expert to come on here and provide ways in which we can ditch Sky (actually paying) and still have access to the channels they have, I have to admit Sky Atlantic is good.

We need an expert to come on here and provide ways in which we can ditch Sky (actually paying) and still have access to the channels they have, I have to admit Sky Atlantic is good.
At the moment, legally, it's Sky or NowTV (especially if you want Sky Atlantic). BT & Sky have got a deal in place where BT get access to Sky's entertainment channels including Atlantic and Sky get BT Sports to roll into their Sports packages. It's supposedly to be in place for next seasons football although whether you think BT are an improvement on Sky is probably a moot point.

2nd Loudest fans In the league. I've just laughed at our rivals so uncontrollably I may need some new underwear.
TBH the noise we made at the Liverpool (H), Leicester (H) and Spurs (CL H) games was very, very loud - especially Hey Jude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.