Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, globally it is the biggest prize. I hate the ****s won it but Champions League is marketed and perceived as the pinnacle of club football. We won't get close or any of credential they're getting when we win it as the money/humanrights bollocks card will be used, but we need the CL win to cement our legacy.

The top story and 7 full minutes reporting of the dippers remarkable/stunning/spectacular achievement, complete with live reporters from their parade, all on the national BBC news at 6.30.

I seem to recall our parade getting a mention of about 30 seconds just before the weather report on the same national evening BBC news.
And don't forget during that half minute Dan Roan talking about financial fair play and our 'impending investigation and ban' Ah well, fuck 'em.

Liverpool tweeted to Tottenham thanks for the contest. It’s easy to be humble in victory, no so much in defeat when their congratulation were nowhere to be seen, with the exception of perhaps their youngest player, Trent Alexander Arnold, who was gracious enough to send his congratulations.
Class that lad. A rare breed amongst dippers

When you look at the support they have, the globalised fanbase, global media power, clickbait support from the UK media, people in uefa and supporting them, the financial power, their over inflated history..... And we beat all of that, on top of one of the most negative media campaigns against any club ever in the history of the Premier, we still beat them... Given the total liverpoolification of the media going on at the moment this country should be thanking God for City, because one LFC have the backing of the media on top of the money they are spending we will have years of them being untouchable. And years of anyone else getting close to them being demonised. The media need LFC to win.
What I don't understand is why UeFA like them considering what happened at Heysel.

What I don't understand is why UeFA like them considering what happened at Heysel.

I don't imagine they do, nor any of the initial G14 clubs really, they're dependent on them though.

I do think there's a bit of a false narrative around UEFA, I've always had a much bigger issue with both the G14 and the ECA who hold UEFA over a barrel.

The media coverage of Liverpool’s CL makes me appreciate that we piped them to the league even more. Would have been the most insufferable thing on this earth.

I'm south London but fuck me the pub I was in was like Beatlemania all over again. What a shower of plastic shit.
All Liverpool jerseys and 'ya get me blud ! Innit! grime style, blud accents.'
All of the London plastics hate us of course. "Oil money, human rights abuses etc bla bla bla." I simply said to them "jealousy is killer" and walked out of the pub.
Welcome to the forum lar.
Old timers like myself like to give new member's posts the attention they deserve and offer advice and support where necessary.
Looking forward to reading your posts in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.