Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw something pop up on City page on Newsnow where Eurosport appear to be calling Liverpool's season more special than City's. I expect that there will be more of that but I shall try and avoid as much media as possible. We shouldn't get worked up about it: we know the media play to the biggest galleries. We can content ourselves with the firm knowledge that we are currently a better team than any that play in red and, if we keep going as we are, our support will grow.

Those of us that have been around for awhile also know that we can take success or failure in our stride.

People will only get worked up about it if they watch or listen to the overhyped shite that will accompany it! Avoiding it is simple!

Pretty sure the FA Cup Final with upto 500 million watching it dwarfes the viewing figures for the Chumps League which is 3 to 400 million although i imagine they will say there were 16 billion watching last nights (everyone in the world watched it simultaneously on 2 x TVs each to boost the figures)
No mate no mate your confused....it was 16 billion but at YORK away.....

Pretty sure the FA Cup Final with upto 500 million watching it dwarfes the viewing figures for the Chumps League which is 3 to 400 million although i imagine they will say there were 16 billion watching last nights (everyone in the world watched it simultaneously on 2 x TVs each to boost the figures)

To put into context. India will draw a bigger TV audience in their ICC games.

Agreed. We are by far the best team in the country. Everyone knows it but we also know that the smitten media whores will continue to fawn over their beloved darlings Liverpool fc.
I know we shouldn't let it get to us but I am so fucking sick of it right now.
It's like our treble means nothing.
Fuck em all.
I have to say it seems to me to have been rather muted so far, yes the BBC website is wall to wall, but it had vanished from the main news page by this morning, pretty much how it was when we won the league, and completed the treble.

I also expected to see 100's of liverpool shirts today where I live (prime plastic territory), and the only thing I've seen is 2 spurs flags hanging from a flat window.

Sky are already concentrating on the Nations League it would seem, though I'll confess I haven't looked at SSN.

I don't bother with the written media much (in print or online) so its easy to avoid I guess.

I have to say it seems to me to have been rather muted so far, yes the BBC website is wall to wall, but it had vanished from the main news page by this morning, pretty much how it was when we won the league, and completed the treble.

I also expected to see 100's of liverpool shirts today where I live (prime plastic territory), and the only thing I've seen is 2 spurs flags hanging from a flat window.

Sky are already concentrating on the Nations League it would seem, though I'll confess I haven't looked at SSN.

I don't bother with the written media much (in print or online) so its easy to avoid I guess.
Your lucky as down here every other person seems to be wearing a new Liverpool shirt , must have seen at least 50 while in town this morning , not that any of them would know where Anfield was on a map.

I think the two-week wait makes an anti-climax almost inevitable. After such a long buildup only a great game would get people's attention. It seems to have been a non-event for everyone except the Dippers. It felt like an afterthought. City played 20 bigger games than that last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.