Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why i cannot be bothered spending the rest of the day talking to a brick wall.... he just tweeted this about Mr (Mrs?) Rabin:

Bill, I don't know if he/she is or if he/she isn't. He/she can clear it up by saying who he/she is, of course. But for some reason he/she doesn't want to do that. You don't actually need to be an expert to clock that Mansour is an owner who isn't in charge.

He inhabits the Twittersphere, a world where opinion trumps fact. Don't worry about it.

More guff.

1. Graeme Sourness speaks out.
2. Liverpool have had a sensational season.
3. And ...... Pep Guardiola’s side secured back-to-back titles even though Liverpool only lost one league game in 2018-19.
4. And there in bold is the continuing narrative. Not City, but Pep’s side. And Liverpool only lost one league game.

Charlie Malam
Deputy Overnight Sport News Editor

It’s so obvious!

Daily Express.

Why Man City are NOT the biggest threat facing Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool - Graeme Souness
MANCHESTER CITY are not the biggest danger to Liverpool in the near future - Real Madrid and Barcelona are.

The Reds capped off a sensational season with a Champions League triumph over Tottenham in Madrid last Saturday.
He usually manages to keep his bias under control on Sky except for the weird rant he had about us playing palace a couple of years ago but you should always remember he is a dipper

Here's an interview with the BBC's Simon Stone on a Manchester United fan's YouTube channel. I've put it here because you can learn something about Simon Stone the journalist. I've watched similar in the past with Jamie Jackson and Henry Winter and none of them seem to have any more about them than any other fan, but Simon Stone really does know what he's talking about. He makes the very obvious points about what has happened at Man Utd post Fergie but you can see that he has some insight.

I have seen a lot of City fans comment negatively about Simon Stone's work on the BBC, or when they see him at City press conferences but journalists aren't there to promote the club, they are there to ask awkward questions.

I think Simon Stone may have been given an unfair ride in the past by City fans just because he was a prominent journalist and it's a guilt by association. I'll read his stuff in the future with a bit more respect.

Marvin,every single press conference that pep does he asks really bitter, inappropriate questions,you really should base your opinion on that,he is a cockcroah and you have just helped him make some money by posting his shite on here,if you respect that then i despair

Last edited:
Just tell him eff off just has he reads it block the k@nt!

I block all these fcukers because bottom line what ever we tweet to them as a counter argument wont make one bit of a difference because they have there own bias/agenda and they wont change.
Absolutely it matters. These guys should not allowed to post shit without someone countering it. Rabin is doing a good job of that. They will not change their mind, but people reading their shit need to see another side of the argument.

Hold on. The biggest assumption of all, especially as it is merely an allegation which has acquired media acceptance only on the basis of circular repetition, is to assume "ownership" does not equal control.

Ownership is fact. Dispute over control is opinion. That the "opinion" is that of "experts", in this context means nothing because the term is entirely subjective. And, in this specific instance, it means anyone who agrees with McGeehan.

Conclusive evidence in the Court of Twitter.
Nice to finally hear one of them say why they bleat on about us being owned by a state,hope Rabin takes him apart

Absolutely it matters. These guys should not allowed to post shit without someone countering it. Rabin is doing a good job of that. They will not change their mind, but people reading their shit need to see another side of the argument.

Fair enough I just block em

So if Mansour is the owner but not in control then who is? Is the insinuation that we are state controlled therefore the criticism of the UAE state becomes valid regardless of who is on the legal documents? This of course validates all the sports washing allegations also.

But then what actual difference does it make?
If we were owned by the glaziers/FSG and Pep was doing his magic, the narrative would be "City (Owned by Corporate USA) spend billions". It just doesnt matter. They can make fake news out of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.