Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterday's inclusion of all quotes saying VK should have had a red but no quotes from anyone who said it wasn't

Pretty much back to normal today, Sanchez this, Rashford that,OGS this and that..oh and Utd probably qualify in new 5th
CL position as City likely facing CL ban next year.

Most of these so called pundits are saying Kompany should've been sent off, only after watching a replay from the worst looking angle slowed down to show every bit of contact. At the time at full speed it looked a risky one but I thought personally he just about got away with it. I've heard a few today moaning about it, even that bent **** Clattenberg having his say. Who cares what he's got to say about it? He was a poor referee at best and allegedly on the take, why ask these people for their opinions? They're no more valid than mine
actually they are of less value, you are not getting paid to voice someone else`s agenda

Anyone notice that whilst we have talk of FFP and action against PSG and MCFC, Real Madrid are taking Diaz from Manchester City, and Barcelona are signing Rabiot on a free from PSG.

Barcelona have a wage bill that absolutely dwarfs that of Man Utd, still financially the strongest of the English clubs. There's a very obvious story there to be written yet few have the independence to write it.

About time that MCFC win the Champions League and break this cartel up. Everything is falling just right for us to do this. The odds are against us still but better than they ever have been in the past. Beat Schalke, and then we are two ties from the Champions League final. Liverpool can take down Bayern for us. They are a crumbling ageing side, whilst Spurs can not be discounted either. I think the odds are at least 50-50 that one of the English clubs is going to win the Champions League this season, hopefully it will be City.

Ha, I can only imagine how shit that would’ve been.

It was incredible. He was trying to talk about the book itself and give insights into the writing process. But the strangest thing is that he didn’t seem to know all that much about the book. Even when he was reading excerpts he was messing it up.

It was just garbled, rambling nonsense.

My wife has no idea who he is and to this day still laughs about it.

He had some crumpled notes to help him but it was shambolic. He kept asking the side of the stage how long he had left to go because he was clearly dying and wanted it to be over. In the end he just walked off stage to silence.

In a way it was a festival highlight!

Very dangerous for football journalists to nail their colours too closely to a football club or manager. Mourinho fell quickly. Most saw it coming and jumped ship. You can do that with a coach. It can not be done with football clubs.

We all know some journalists who have made careers out of writing about certain football clubs but once you become identified with a football club, fans of other clubs will not accept you. Maintaining your independence is very important. It's not just important for your integrity and wider reputation but it can maintain your longevity. There are several journalists I can think of who risk going down with Man Utd because they have become known as their mouth-piece.

I had the misfortune of seeing Jamie Jackson do a reading of his book at Festival No6 last summer. It was embarrassing and hard to watch.

If you think his sports writing is bad this was on another level. Most people walked off after a few minutes but those that stayed were just pissing themselves at how woeful it was.

He was completely unprepared and completely out of his depth.
That man does not deserve an audience.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.