Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Radio 5 Live doing a live phone in this afternoon about whether it's "unfair" to put a strong team out when playing a team several divisions below!!!!!
3, possibly 4 players from our first choice xi...

This deserves more coverage. Todays online M.E.N. highlights gobshite Linekar having a go at the number of Blues at the match last night and the BRILLIANT response from a Blue …………

'Lineker mocked City’s fans after Kevin De Bruyne’s early opener, writing on Twitter: “De Bruyne nods in from close range. Manchester City might score more goals than there are spectators tonight.”
One City fan responded to the Match of the Day host with a dose of realism, responding: “My Mum would love to have gone but she only gets £70 pension a week. This week she had a tv licence for £160 to pay your £12m a year salary. She can’t afford anything. Think about that before you tweet nonsense from your multi-million pound home.”

Its like that other thread,win/lift CL..or League,
Now its League..or CL/Big ears,now am confused who has the biggest ears the Cup or Lineker??

Quick, get your predictions in on how other outlets will spin Raheem’s encouraging outreach to a young lad suffering racial abuse.

‘Raheem Sterling Sends Harassing Letter to Child’ - Daily Mail

Sterling grooms young child with hippy crack.

I don't have such a big problem with Lineker's tweet, he's just trying to be funny rather than anything else. Of course, it gets leapt on by the media as an excuse to put the boot in. Equally, there are absolutely some in the media who love doing this, and we all know who they are. What does happen sometimes is that people start seeing it when it's not there, and that can rather undermine the genuinely snide comments and articles from the usual suspects.

But the crowd stuff is just white noise. Anyone who does go to games knows the score, all those who are social media warriors posting from the comfort of their armchairs are irrelevant. Those who want to have a go will find a reason to do so, if it's not Emptihad stuff it's oil money, Arabs, classless or the rest of it. Pissing in the wind is all they're doing, and I just don't care and don't get annoyed by irrelevance and irrelevants.

I agree. It was when a goal went inside 5 minutes or so, and after half-chances. He sent several tweets, and they were complimentary. The only one about spectators is phrased as a joke too:
"De Bruyne nods in from close range. Manchester City might score more goals than than there are spectators tonight."

That's all fine.

Not too much problem at the Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-writes-letter-support-young-manchester-city/

Text/pictures and a few extra lines in the Mail.
My post was mostly in jest. I would be surprised, given recent events, if any major outlet put a negative spin on it, as it involves a child receiving racial abuse, so any malicious skew would likely be very harshly criticised by all remotely reputable media (unlike with, say, an adult footballer plying his trade with the best club in Manchester... though, even that was mostly positive).

That said, the press have done much worse things, so who knows.

I think Lineker's ok and imo his tweet wasn't meant with rancour, even if it was a little hackneyed. I think some City fans have become so ground down by the excessive swipes over the last decade that they are unable to respond proportionately to a bit of gentle piss-taking, which is a shame because we used to have skins as thick as any other in football.

For me, Ogden' s comments were far more telling. They did, however, unintentionally descend into the comically absurd and must rank alongside "aggressive walking" and "not in my lifetime" for entertainment value and will endure as such.

BBC Radio 5 Live doing a live phone in this afternoon about whether it's "unfair" to put a strong team out when playing a team several divisions below!!!!!
Getting fucking ridiculous this now,none of this shite would of been said if the rags or dippers had of handed out this drubbing! Maybe we should of been forced to play the women's team to even things up.

I think Lineker's ok and imo his tweet wasn't meant with rancour, even if it was a little hackneyed. I think some City fans have become so ground down by the excessive swipes over the last decade that they are unable to respond proportionately to a bit of gentle piss-taking, which is a shame because we used to have skins as thick as any other in football.

For me, Ogden' s comments were far more telling. They did, however, unintentionally descend into the comically absurd and must rank alongside "aggressive walking" and "not in my lifetime" for entertainment value and will endure as such.

Yes, exactly that. Nothing wrong with him or anyone else taking the piss, it cannot be that people respond with outrage every single time someone does that, it looks pathetically precious.

Ogden and Ducker are examples of those who absolutely do try to extract a negative wherever possible, but it would be wrong to consider gentle teasing from everyone else as part of a campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.