Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
3112H4Wd02.jpeg

Max capacity 55097, 98.3% average attendance of capacity this year.
With a range of 1300 ish, So about a 2% range in attendance across all matches - seems entirely possible.

Compare to the ministry of truth figures:
Max capacity 75531, 98.4% average attendance of capacity this year.
With a range of ...156, so about a 0.2% range in attendance across all matches - seems entirely impossible.
Who did we get our highest attendance against, was it the rags?

I find it absurd that in this techno era there isn’t a simple option to press a button and listen to a game without the comms on. It’s not just the anti city bias I hate, I can’t stand 99% of modern commentators with their pre prepared quips and sickening banter and the co commentator who never stops fvcking talking.

I think that it used to be available but Sky, or whoever(?), realised that people were switching off the canutes with their banalities. It might have been a World Cup experiment, I can't remember, but it is something that Sky and BT will have to offer if they want my subs!

I sent a text to Sky a couple of years ago asking if they were going to reintroduce the crowd only option and they said.....NO!

Great minds think alike! I always have to turn the volume almost off as I can't listen to these characters.

I have just been watching $kys weekend round up of matches. They had the Dips on. The commentators were glowing about the 3 they scored with no criticism of anyone, even though the keeper was lobbed for the second but I am not complaining. Next up was City. Our first wasn't a good goal, according to the co-commentator someone fell asleep and someone didn't organise the defence. The second was a mistake, just what was Barkley doing. The third amazingly they actually thought was a good goal but to even it out he then criticised the defending again for the 4th and the 6th.

So basically Liverpool scored 3 very good goals and we scored one good goal, a penalty and Chelsea fucked up for the other 4. Unbelievable Jeff.

I have just been watching $kys weekend round up of matches. They had the Dips on. The commentators were glowing about the 3 they scored with no criticism of anyone, even though the keeper was lobbed for the second but I am not complaining. Next up was City. Our first wasn't a good goal, according to the co-commentator someone fell asleep and someone didn't organise the defence. The second was a mistake, just what was Barkley doing. The third amazingly they actually thought was a good goal but to even it out he then criticised the defending again for the 4th and the 6th.

So basically Liverpool scored 3 very good goals and we scored one good goal, a penalty and Chelsea fucked up for the other 4. Unbelievable Jeff.
I am desperate to win the title like never before,we must shut the ****s up

Someone needs to play Hinchcliffe some clips of Richie Benaud commentating.

The CEO (Not Ferran) can't remember his name, talking about stamping out racism.

Now there was a commentator. I remember a test match at Edgbaston, when they’d cut the wicket on the furthest strip from the dressing room. The batsman got out and the next man in was Bob Willis (I think). The camera followed Willis all the way from the changing room door, down the steps, and out on the long walk to the far side of the field, where he then took another minute or so taking guard and looking round at the field placement. Finally Willis was ready, the bowler came steaming in, and had him out plumb LBW, first ball. Benaud had watched the whole thing in complete silence, but now finally spoke.
“That’s a long way to come for no runs”, he mused dryly....and then resumed his silence.

“And McGrath out for 2, just 98 runs short of his century” was another absolute gem!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.