Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Everton v Chelsea game on Sky yesterday and the commentator mentioned on 2 occasions that Everton last recorded a win against a top six club was when they beat us 4-0. I think that was in Peps 1st year in charge

More than twice I think. The problem is everyone of us know it is coming now, first chance they get, even if we are not playing. They have done their job of brainwashing thick Joe public though. Everyone hates us, unfortunately for the dippers and rags, people still hate them more.

Every possible effort to downplay us still being involved in every competition is being made right now. From discussing our easier draws to VAR not being used on Saturday.

Nothing about Liverpool bailing out of both cups at the first opportunity because their squad couldn't manage it.

The narrative when we blow one will be predictable

The whole agenda is quickly shifting to how easy we have had it. They should be congratulating Pep and the players for taking every competition seriously and giving all opponents the level of respect they deserve. Maybe if other teams had done that then they would be in a better position this season. Jealously really is an ugly trait.

The completely useless tossers at the BBC can not even get a company name right in the headlines!

Yesterday morning was a classic.

"If you don't want to know the F1 result, turn off the sound go out the room etc". It's a pity the graphics department had stuck up a huge picture of Valtteri Bottas holding the trophy on the podium before she said that.

Really is amateur hour at that place.

The whole agenda is quickly shifting to how easy we have had it. They should be congratulating Pep and the players for taking every competition seriously and giving all opponents the level of respect they deserve. Maybe if other teams had done that then they would be in a better position this season. Jealously really is an ugly trait.
You can't deny we had an easier LC run than Chelsea and FA Cup run than the rags, but at the end of the day you can only beat what's in front of you and we did beat Chelsea and we'll either have to beat Wolves (who beat the rags) or the team that beats them to win the FA Cup. Also, plenty of teams have won the domestic cups with easy runs to the semis or final, nobody really cares once the trophies are handed out.

Remember my stepfather used to have a theory that we always played shite when we were on TV (Pearce and Beany days) I preferred my theory that we were always shite but he was too pissed to notice when we went over to a live game.
Remember being at the first Monday Night game live on Sky - Home v QPR, 1-1.

I swore from that moment I would never buy a Sky subscription.

You can't deny we had an easier LC run than Chelsea and FA Cup run than the rags, but at the end of the day you can only beat what's in front of you and we did beat Chelsea and we'll either have to beat Wolves (who beat the rags) or the team that beats them to win the FA Cup. Also, plenty of teams have won the domestic cups with easy runs to the semis or final, nobody really cares once the trophies are handed out.
Yes totally agree. I find it particularly funny that this is coming from Liverpool fans mostly and they got knocked out of the cup to wolves and chelsea and in both those games they played hugely weakened sides. Its like complaining you never win the lottery but don't put a ticket on.

Yes totally agree. I find it particularly funny that this is coming from Liverpool fans mostly and they got knocked out of the cup to wolves and chelsea and in both those games they played hugely weakened sides. Its like complaining you never win the lottery but don't put a ticket on.
They should be delighted really as if we'd been knocked out early of both cups the title race could well be over and the fixture pile up is their best chance of overtaking us in the run in. The reason they're whining is that they've done everything to focus on the league, had tonnes of luck, they're still behind if we win our game in hand and they know it shows the clear difference in quality between both clubs so they're trying to downplay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.