Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step forward little Rory most annoyed. Micah even called him out and said don't be negative, to which his professional reply was if Girona win the league and City come 2nd, city get thrown out the champions league because an owner can't have two clubs in the champions league at the same time, with an added little smirk.
If it makes you feel better it’s not true - Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg have been in the CL together several times now.

There are two good reasons for this.

1) Girona being successful (particularly on a modest budget) is an endorsement of CFG's efficiency. The media have spent years decrying the multi-club model. It's not renowned as an industry which attracts people with enough let's say, humility (read, emotional intelligence if you prefer) to admit when they have been wrong.

2) The second reason is insurance against having to recant in in the case of Girona being successful.
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes a truth. If they say enough times that both City and Girona can't compete in the same competition, then when (well, if) it happens, the clear inference is that those pesky Johnny Foreigner types wot don't look like uz have been up to something corrupt again.
And all this criticism of Girona while Barcelona are being investigated for financial fraud and bribing referees.

If it makes you feel better it’s not true - Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg have been in the CL together several times now.

All they had to show was they are run independently.

A bit if investigative journalism for Rory or as I call it google Wikipedia ;-)

Having finished as runners-up in their debut season in the German top flight, RB Leipzig gained entry to continental football for the first time, specifically the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League for which Red Bull Salzburg had also qualified as Austrian champions; this raised the issue of a possible conflict of interest between the clubs due to the level of influence exerted by Red Bull over both teams and the close sporting relationship between them in various aspects.[37][31][38] After examining the operational structures during June 2017, UEFA declared themselves satisfied under their regulations that the two clubs (particularly Salzburg) were suitably independent from the Red Bull corporation, and sufficiently distinct from one another, for both to be admitted to their competitions.

If Liverpool got a proper ban in Europe for murdering 39 fans and other English teams didn't then Liverpool would have been completely fucked,thus Carragher plying his trade in div 2.
Can anyone tell me why all English club where banned, I now there where problems with other teams but why punish all of them

Can anyone tell me why all English club where banned, I now there where problems with other teams but why punish all of them

It was described as the English disease so there was trouble following all English clubs along with Thatcher who was very vocal about how it can’t be tolerated. I think the uk government suggested banning every English club within 24 hours.

It was described as the English disease so there was trouble following all English clubs along with Thatcher who was very vocal about how it can’t be tolerated. I think the uk government suggested banning every English club within 24 hours.
unbelievable unfear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.