Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong as I'm fairly deaf, and keep the volume low. However, I thought I heard those fuckwits on TNT spouting shite about the rags always having an "academy" graduate in their starting eleven since Adam was a boy.
Maybe they should look at Forest away last season? But no too much like hard work and they have to keep the myth going eh?

I may be wrong as I'm fairly deaf, and keep the volume low. However, I thought I heard those fuckwits on TNT spouting shite about the rags always having an "academy" graduate in their starting eleven since Adam was a boy.
Maybe they should look at Forest away last season? But no too much like hard work and they have to keep the myth going eh?

It used to be one in the team but when that ended years ago they switched it to always having one in the match day squad.

There was one game a few years ago when they let some unknown kid sit on the end of the bench, just to keep it going.

Don't know how important as a media statitics outlet in the states Fbref is but saw this last night

View attachment 101375
I remember a US map doing the rounds about 8 years ago.
Iirc it was based on Google searches.
The map was awash with Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, united and a smattering of others - mind, one state was labelled Hull City… as they’d lumped that states American sports team ‘the tigers’ in with them… kind of proving the point that it was a garbage map!

I think the newer map is a better and more accurate representation- visitors to OS, rather than Google search terms.

It’s nice to see a swath of light blue, no wonder the CityTV people are generating content so much, they are seeing the viewing statistics and needing to produce more content. To be fair they have been doing an ever better great job in the past 10 years.

It might not be the match going fans way of engaging with the club, but it’s what we now are, a global behemoth , and that global audience is reached via the internet to make them feel they ‘belong’ as a fan, as they can’t do it (for the vast majority) in any other way.

Compare and contrast when City got knocked out of the group death in the early years of City's CL group stages.

View attachment 101380

For contrast, the same bloke also wrote an article that upset all the Geordies on Twitter, headlined:

“Beyond the emotion and the adventure, bottom of your Champions League group with one win from six is not a great look for the richest club in the world.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.