Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Dempsey will be in a bar somewhere in Belgrade now muttering into his flat pint "but Robbie City are one of my favourite teams to watch".
I hope someone keeps an eye on him tonight
Don't want to generalise, but he's got a voice more suited to agricultural pursuits. And as for what fker actually says....... Probably be a shoe in at bein with abominable Keys!

Don't know how important as a media statitics outlet in the states Fbref is but saw this last night

View attachment 101375

Looks like a game of risk(usa world series map) where the dippers are the second most shit player and is about to get owned.

Rags were the shittest and have already gone.

Meanwhile we are best at that too with our divide and conquer strategy about to sort out the arses.

Compare and contrast when City got knocked out of the group death in the early years of City's CL group stages.

View attachment 101380
Yes, I remember it was seen as a failure from a lot of the media, City a long way off the pace in Europe etc.. We did have a tough group in our first year in the Champs League(as did Newcastle this year to be fair)
We finished with 10 points, which would have seen us through to the group stages in most years. This points tally is more than 3 of the 2nd placed teams this year , and the same as 2 others. Newcastle finished on a far lower tally of 5 points this season
This isn't to say we didn't take time to adjust to the Champions League which ofcourse as we all know we did.

I may be wrong as I'm fairly deaf, and keep the volume low. However, I thought I heard those fuckwits on TNT spouting shite about the rags always having an "academy" graduate in their starting eleven since Adam was a boy.
Maybe they should look at Forest away last season? But no too much like hard work and they have to keep the myth going eh?
The hype is laughable. In the late 1960's/early 70's it seemed to me that most teams had around 4-5 'home-grown' type players, a few bought in and a few Scottish/Irish/Welsh players. In the mid to latter part of 70's and 80's City always had more home-grown and particularly Manchester lads in the first-team. Just compare the League and FA Cup finals in 1976 and 1977 and 1981 and 1983 for example but we all know that 'history' starts when it suits the red shirts.....

The hype is laughable. In the late 1960's/early 70's it seemed to me that most teams had around 4-5 'home-grown' type players, a few bought in and a few Scottish/Irish/Welsh players. In the mid to latter part of 70's and 80's City always had more home-grown and particularly Manchester lads in the first-team. Just compare the League and FA Cup finals in 1976 and 1977 and 1981 and 1983 for example but we all know that 'history' starts when it suits the red shirts.....

History will reset when the ESL starts and anything after 2012 will be scrubbed from the record books as "Never happened" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.