Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher in the Telegraph, goodness me:

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Pre-occupied with targeting Liverpool apparently.
Scousers don't buy the Sun*
.... but this one will happily write for the Torygraph.
Hypocritical twat.

*tbf the one action that stopped clock of a fanbase do get right.

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Whatever Jamie, all I can remember is you and your media arse-licking buddies manufacturing some kind of faux rivalry which City fans couldn’t give a toss about, though I suppose it has worked to some extent as we’ve “shared” the last five titles between us!

Just to add, I do always advise people not to disclose their football team until they are in the job. Or choose a small local team as they might take pity on you.
Same here. Even when I am in my job I try not to disclose it. And thats because I live near a load of lfc fans. I have had them threaten my car, threaten me, I have taken all badges off my car because it just attracts them, they hate City more than anything (Though we're not their rivals!).

Same with builders, plumbers, carpet fitters etc. They see our Maine Road signs and scarves etc and the comments start to come out. Not all fans are like that but there are always some twats.

For which read " Chelsea and City recognised that any decent Liverpool player would be looking to move to a better club"

Im not sure whats more unbelievable that carragher can write or that scousers can read

Remember when Chelsea targetted us for SWP - they knew the writing was on the wall.

FFS - he's a right dick.

I suppose it all depends on the quality of the other candidates as his defence is purely based on comparing his LinkedIn profile with that of the successful applicant which may or may not be accurate. I’ve been turned down, or not even invited to interview, for many roles down the years despite having the perfect match for an advertised job. Sometimes the role changes once CVs are received too. If they’ve selected candidates from a diverse range then I doubt he’ll be successful and I’m not sure what he could claim anyway, surely he wouldn’t want the job now. Weird world we live in now, though, very litigious.
The fact that he wanted to work for Liverpool FC makes you question his mental health

Projection from Liverpool PR team right there.

They love a good victim story to use.

John Henry net worth - $5.1 Billion.

Tom Werner net worth - $1.7 Billion.

Lebron James net worth - $1 Billion.

People need to stop acting like Liverpool don't eat at our end of the dinner table. They still have a significant advantage over most of the league.

Also, nobody is preoccupied with targeting a team that has won the Premier League once since its inception in 1992.

Greece won the Euros in 2004 but we arent calling them a football super power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.