Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher in the Telegraph, goodness me:

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Pre-occupied with targeting Liverpool apparently.
They don't seem to have the ability to think. We only had the dippers in our "sights" when they were competing for the title. The challengers come and go. We had the rags in our "sights" when they were competing for the top, too. It's us vs whoever.

They don't seem to have the ability to think. We only had the dippers in our "sights" when they were competing for the title. The challengers come and go. We had the rags in our "sights" when they were competing for the top, too. It's us vs whoever.
And Raheem left and Slippy was seriously thinking of leaving til the local gangsters pressured him to stay . My point being if it was so great at Dipperpool why did two of there best players want out ??

Its stuff like giving arteta manager of the year which is symptomatic of the problem with success in this country we are bred to route for the plucky underdog instead of appreciating greatness.

Manager of the year was given to a plucky failure who despite spending hundreds of millions still went on to fail miserably and that is why the press in this country is a joke it praises and pities failure within the establishment while deriding the success of anyone that challengesit , it leaches of it and if you dont believe me look how everyone loved us when we were crap, the plucky little underdogs cos we werent a threat to the establishment, now we are the biggest threat its ever seen and instead of celebrating greatness and achievements that havent been seen before the press continues to celebrate failure of their chosen few, the media in this country are and continue to be an embarassment.
He has outspent Pep since he’s been at Arsenal

I'm hearing ya!

"Why does nobody mention the charges when reporting on City?" cry the usual insecure fanbases.

"For just 50p a month we'll tell you what you want to hear regardless of the facts' replies the Athletic.

PS: There aren't any reports that don't mention the charges no matter what you read or subscribe to.
“Manchester City first won the FA cup in 1904, a full 119 years before they were hit with 115 charges for flouting FFP laws”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.