Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it all depends on the quality of the other candidates as his defence is purely based on comparing his LinkedIn profile with that of the successful applicant which may or may not be accurate. I’ve been turned down, or not even invited to interview, for many roles down the years despite having the perfect match for an advertised job. Sometimes the role changes once CVs are received too. If they’ve selected candidates from a diverse range then I doubt he’ll be successful and I’m not sure what he could claim anyway, surely he wouldn’t want the job now. Weird world we live in now, though, very litigious.
I used to run an Engineering Help Desk of about 25 people for a company called Alphameric, we installed and maintained EPOS systems mainly to betting shops but also Abbey National and Reuters News Agency.

If we ever had an application that said “I support/follow Man United” it went straight in the bin and I couldn’t even be arsed replying to them.

I used to run an Engineering Help Desk of about 25 people for a company called Alphameric, we installed and maintained EPOS systems mainly to betting shops but also Abbey National and Reuters News Agency.

If we ever had an application that said “I support/follow Man United” it went straight in the bin and I couldn’t even be arsed replying to them.
Yeah I'm glad I don't need to be on interviewing or selection panels now. In the old days we used to pick the one we thought would fit into the team best and I was very good at it but now it's a minefield. I definitely never disregarded anyone for being a rag though. Honest, guv!

The Athletic caters for rival fans, not City fans, exhibit #26128
I'm hearing ya!

"Why does nobody mention the charges when reporting on City?" cry the usual insecure fanbases.

"For just 50p a month we'll tell you what you want to hear regardless of the facts' replies the Athletic.

PS: There aren't any reports that don't mention the charges no matter what you read or subscribe to.

Carragher in the Telegraph, goodness me:

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Pre-occupied with targeting Liverpool apparently.

Yeah I'm glad I don't need to be on interviewing or selection panels now. In the old days we used to pick the one we thought would fit into the team best and I was very good at it but now it's a minefield. I definitely never disregarded anyone for being a rag though. Honest, guv!
Just to add, I do always advise people not to disclose their football team until they are in the job. Or choose a small local team as they might take pity on you.

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Their self-importance and self-awareness are at extreme opposites of the spectrum.

The odd one slipped through the net but I honestly employed an openly gay guy for a Receptionist job which at the time was almost an exclusively female position because he made me laugh so much in the interview. He was a funny guy and a great asset to the company and his colleagues.

One Monday he brought some post into an office I shared with three female colleagues and said in his best “mincing” voice, “ oh girls, I’ve been so unwell over the weekend, it’s that time of the month again”. You just couldn’t be miserable with him around, he brightened up the place.

No victim mentality there then.

It's like 1st April every time spitty says something. Why would City worry about a team with one Premier league title * in 33 years ?

No mention of the Dippers hiring our staff, hacking our scouting system and orchestrating a dirty tricks campaign.. I think his analysis is rather flawed - as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.