Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the inane questions he gets from the usual suspects. You hear him take a sharp intake of breath everytime he gets a stupid question.

An example of inane questions, and answers, from Roy Hodsgon in response to Gary from Sky today…

“….that must be boring as well, so unfortunately it’s one of those load cleft stick questions I don't really know how to answer. More and more I'm finding I don't know how to answer your questions”.

About 5mins in…

menhir people have said that
It was a similar 'Asterix thing' that broke the political relationship between Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great.

Caesar took umbrage when Pompey claimed that his success in the Mithridatian Wars was greater than that of Caesar's in the Gallic Wars.

Caesar countered, claiming his triumph was much the greater than Pompey's as 'away Gauls count double in Europe*'

(*not since 2021, though.. I'll get me coat by the way..)

Carragher in the Telegraph, goodness me:

'A peculiarity of all the most recent high-profile, mega-billionaire takeovers is how quickly new owners seem to have Liverpool in their sights.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were preoccupied with targeting Liverpool after receiving history-changing investment, eager to make a statement about a power shift at the top of the English game.

Those feuds instantly grew on and off the pitch, with Chelsea having the resources to keep trying to sign our captain Steven Gerrard as they began to collect trophies, and City continuing the pattern by luring Raheem Sterling from Anfield.'

Pre-occupied with targeting Liverpool apparently.
Yeah, if only we’d focused on ourselves instead of being pre-occupied with Liverpool over the past 15 years we might have won a few trophies. Oh well, Pep out I guess

Lamela or Erikssen. Bale was three years out of Spurs by the time they gifted Spurs and Leicester a title race.
Cheers, just checked and the game was in February 2016. Apparently it was Danny Rose who crossed the ball and hit Sterling, with the media questioning if the end was nigh for City. Nothing changes, does it.

“Manchester City first won the FA cup in 1904, a full 119 years before they were hit with 115 charges for flouting FFP laws”
The winning goal being scored by Billy Meredith, who was banned for bribing an opposition player.......
Significantly when he played in stretford, his stats never approached his City figures.

Manchester City ruining football since 2008/2012/2023/1904/forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.