Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anfield media mob then went on a carefully planned character assassination of Raheem for daring to leave the Dippers and, for a while, were even claiming that his departure gave Jordan Ibe the chance to start and they now had the better player in Ibe plus £44 miilion in their coffers.
Whatever happened to Ibe??

The Anfield media mob then went on a carefully planned character assassination of Raheem for daring to leave the Dippers and, for a while, were even claiming that his departure gave Jordan Ibe the chance to start and they now had the better player in Ibe plus £44 miilion in their coffers.
Fulham received 20% of the fee in a sell on clause and Sterling himself received 10% of th3 balance
So in fact liverpool actually netted about £32m, however they did receive a further 5m from City due to Sterling’s success with us

That was the headline to the article.

1. Ronaldo laughs off snub.
2. Messi coming third.
3. The winner of the award, Haaland, relegated to the small print under the Ronaldo main headline.

This is a prime example of the state of the football media, and football reporting in this country.

Just to add. I’m 101% sure if a United player had won the award, the United players name would be in the headline.

View attachment 102735
That is absolutely unbelievable.

Reactions: jrb
That was the headline to the article.

1. Ronaldo laughs off snub.
2. Messi coming third.
3. The winner of the award, Haaland, relegated to the small print under the Ronaldo main headline.

This is a prime example of the state of the football media, and football reporting in this country.

Just to add. I’m 101% sure if a United player had won the award, the United players name would be in the headline.

View attachment 102735
I am disgusted by this.

Not only have they included the worst word in the English language: ‘snub’ but have compounded the crime by capitalising it, viz: ‘SNUB’.

Egregious assault on the English language.

Embarrassing cunts.

Raz came out laughing. A cabinet full of trophies and 6 years or so of fans singing "top of the league" to him

It was a similar 'Asterix thing' that broke the political relationship between Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great.

Caesar took umbrage when Pompey claimed that his success in the Mithridatian Wars was greater than that of Caesar's in the Gallic Wars.

Caesar countered, claiming his triumph was much the greater than Pompey's as 'away Gauls count double in Europe*'

(*not since 2021, though.. I'll get me coat by the way..)
Pompey were no saints

The odd one slipped through the net but I honestly employed an openly gay guy for a Receptionist job which at the time was almost an exclusively female position because he made me laugh so much in the interview. He was a funny guy and a great asset to the company and his colleagues.

One Monday he brought some post into an office I shared with three female colleagues and said in his best “mincing” voice, “ oh girls, I’ve been so unwell over the weekend, it’s that time of the month again”. You just couldn’t be miserable with him around, he brightened up the place.

My mate a Celtic fan worked at Tenants brewery for 20 years but early in his apprenticeship was asked how the fuck did you get through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.