Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
and once again we are a victim of our own success, in our team palmer looked a reasonable to good player not going to be troubling the starting line up anytime soon but a good backup.

In chelseas mish mash of a team with zero cohesiveness he looks like an absolute superstar, we see it time and time again, take kalvin phillips looks absolute quality for england and when playing for leeds, when playing for us doesnt look like he could tie rodris boots.

So no pep did not get it wrong, pep recognised talent but understood that talent wasnt above the current talent within our team and still isnt and lets be honest getting in the england team is hardly a recognition of quality.
It also illustrates how most opposing teams set up against us, denying attacking space and sitting in a regimented and very disciplined back 8. Palmer didn't show huge signs that he was any better than we already had at either unlocking these tight defences or finding the spaces for himself.

Put him in a chelsea side where this sort of opposition's tactics aren't applied week in and week out and suddenly he's seen as the new footballing messiah.

Sutton's a VERY bitter City hater too.

FFP seems to be so much made up as you go along ut literally takes me back to the infant school playground where you just make up anything during a game to claim a victory.
In other news I listened open mouthed to Danny Higginbottom on CNN advising us that City were easily favourites to win the PL purely because their squad is so much deeper. Not heard this myth for a while, has he not noticed we often gave 2 keepers and a group of young lads on the bench
Didn't think they would notice when our "Defence" was replaced by our "Offence" in the 3rd quarter

There has to be a tipping point at some time in the near future.
The Red arse lickers still believe they are pandering to the masses but we are slowly but surely eroding their respective world wide fan bases.
New generations are already seen wearing new City tops. Players like Haaland, DeBruyne, Grealish and Foden are box office for different reasons.
Believe it or not we need a Newcastle to share the burden of eroding the old Red wankers monopoly on the world wide fan.
Then we will see a sea change in how we are reported.
Only my opinion btw
There has already, its just that their to blind or don't want to see it.
You don't upset the the red shirts ,if you want a future in the media.

A blade mate of mine out here wasn’t impressed when I asked him why didn’t your side come out and have a go instead of 10 in their half all game. His reply and it goes for other teams in their position “we didn’t want to get humiliated “. Ok I can see your logic but you never know what could happen if you had pressed us. He was still adamant that his manager got it right. We have over the last 10 seasons seen the same thing with other clubs refusing to play and we have had to play a waiting game to break these teams down and very successfully. And we had the right players to do this so unfortunately for Palmer the boss could see that wasn’t necessary the case with him.

im not disputing any of that but do you really think hes over and above any of our current options on the right or in the centre.
The question is who would drop out from those currently available for him? Then there’s Kev Erling and Jeremy to return Was always a fan of Cole, he got unlucky a few seasons ago when, he had just started to establish himself but suffered a groin injury that required rest. Setting him back and never recovered as far as a spot in the City squad was concerned

A blade mate of mine out here wasn’t impressed when I asked him why didn’t your side come out and have a go instead of 10 in their half all game. His reply and it goes for other teams in their position “we didn’t want to get humiliated “. Ok I can see your logic but you never know what could happen if you had pressed us. He was still adamant that his manager got it right. We have over the last 10 seasons seen the same thing with other clubs refusing to play and we have had to play a waiting game to break these teams down and very successfully. And we had the right players to do this so unfortunately for Palmer the boss could see that wasn’t necessary the case with him.
These Blade fans seem to be bitter these days. I had a “full City Bingo” experience with one on the way back from Bramhall Lane earlier this season. Last Saturday at Pic Station I had another brief interaction. He said: “I don’t like your (City) hat. My response: “ I don’t like your face.” It went down like a lead balloon.

It also illustrates how most opposing teams set up against us, denying attacking space and sitting in a regimented and very disciplined back 8. Palmer didn't show huge signs that he was any better than we already had at either unlocking these tight defences or finding the spaces for himself.

Put him in a chelsea side where this sort of opposition's tactics aren't applied week in and week out and suddenly he's seen as the new footballing messiah.

Sutton's a VERY bitter City hater too.
Sutton actually referred to us winning the club world cup on 606 last week, with the bitter comment afterwards "Does anyone care?"
Well, we do, but, if no other fucker does, that's fine with us, you sister shagging norfolk yokel ****.

There has already, its just that their to blind or don't want to see it.
You don't upset the the red shirts ,if you want a future in the media.
The thing is the media are dinosaurs, continuously harking back to a time when they were relevant, they just having grasped the new reality that they no longer matter, the print media is almost dead, sky and tnt are just sad extensions of lfctv and mutv and their clientele represents that.

A lot of them are in Warrington.

Half of them put on mock Manc accents. Half of them think they’re scousers. And the remaining half hate us both.

They’re shit at maths aswell. Apart from the darts players obviously.
3 halves?
Not to many Blues in Warrington but we stood our ground, actually went to games & also knew a third when we saw one. lol

Lee Martin had a huge effect on lots of the dicks I went school with, who swapped LFC for MUFC overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.