Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

And there's a chart in The Athletic with Forest at the top, because it's sorted by percentages. Even the Daily Mail article, being linked to says "Despite being outraged by Brentford's goal, Nottingham Forest are technically the worst offenders in the study".

They also apparently spotted another four players moving the foam (ironically one was also a Forest player): "As well as Toney, Niakhate for Forest, Digne for Villa, Trippier for Newcastle, and Yves Bissouma for Tottenham Hotspur have all done similar in the past 12 months."

And, given that someone had to watch hundreds of direct free kicks while compiling the chart, it's likely they had no idea who would turn out to be near the top before deciding to do the article.

View attachment 105114
What actually constitutes moving a free kick. If they mean not taking it where the offence happened, I don't ever remember City getting that many free kicks that resulted in a shot. Another meaningless stat to feed the knuckle draggers.

What actually constitutes moving a free kick. If they mean not taking it where the offence happened, I don't ever remember City getting that many free kicks that resulted in a shot. Another meaningless stat to feed the knuckle draggers.
They are only talking about kicks in the last 12 months that resulted in a shot, and they give lots of examples as gifs, including a couple from City.

The examples cover all different kinds of movement, often the movement away from goal, to get it up and down more easily.

Yes.

And there's a chart in The Athletic with Forest at the top, because it's sorted by percentages. Even the Daily Mail article, being linked to says "Despite being outraged by Brentford's goal, Nottingham Forest are technically the worst offenders in the study".

They also apparently spotted another four players moving the foam (ironically one was also a Forest player): "As well as Toney, Niakhate for Forest, Digne for Villa, Trippier for Newcastle, and Yves Bissouma for Tottenham Hotspur have all done similar in the past 12 months."

And, given that someone had to watch hundreds of direct free kicks while compiling the chart, it's likely they had no idea who would turn out to be near the top before deciding to do the article.

View attachment 105114
Ah my disdain was directed at the wrong place then. They're still shit, though.

I actually laughed. :-)

So Oli Gimp at the Daily United researched this, added them all up for every PL club, and came to the conclusion that.....

Does Masters and the PL know about this? If so, is it now 116 charges?

By Oli Gamp (is that really his real name?) - For Mailonline

1706198913814.png

Screenshot_20240125-160053~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.