Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking back at some of my bookmarks.

This stood out from the day after we clinched the 100 points in 2018 and the back pages of various MSM outlets.

We were ignored.

Champions league is the big one for me. I can't understand any City fan saying they are not bothered about not winning it.
Not for me matey.

Champions league is important for players, their prestige and it looks good on their their CV.

Champions league is very important for the club's revenues and attracts lucrative sponsorship deals.

However, the premier league is where it's at for me. It demonstrates consistency, durability and credibility. Win the PL and you've earned the right to be called champions.

Historically English clubs who went onto win the champions league weren't even champions of their own country (I'm looking at you Liverpool).

Also the champions league offers you the chance to win it after losing four games (I'm looking at you Liverpool) which is weird.

We are an English club, winning the league is the big priority, then the CL, then the FA Cup and LC.

For myself.
That's fair enough but to win the Champions league is me the pinnacle of club football. Don't get me wrong to win the Premier League comes a very close second.

Not for me matey.

Champions league is important for players, their prestige and it looks good on their their CV.

Champions league is very important for the club's revenues and attracts lucrative sponsorship deals.

However, the premier league is where it's at for me. It demonstrates consistency, durability and credibility. Win the PL and you've earned the right to be called champions.

Historically English clubs who went onto win the champions league weren't even champions of their own country (I'm looking at you Liverpool).

Also the champions league offers you the chance to win it after losing four games (I'm looking at you Liverpool) which is weird.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Not for me matey.

Yep.
Becoming 'kings of Europe' after losing 4 out of only 13 games (almost a 3rd) just doesn't cut it for me.
If i remember rightly that game between those 2 finalist they hadn't even been champions of England for something like 88 yrs.

Last edited:
Yep.
Becoming 'kings of Europe' after losing 4 out of only 13 games (almost a 3rd) just doesn't cut it for me.
If i remember rightly that between those 2 finalist they hadn't even been champions of England for something like 88 yrs.
UEFA should be done by the trading standards agency calling it the 'champions league'.

"Top four/five league"

"Runners up league"

Doesn't have the same ring to it I suppose.

That's fair enough but to win the Champions league is me the pinnacle of club football. Don't get me wrong to win the Premier League comes a very close second.
But I wouldn't like to win the CL and not be English champs, I'd take it but out of principle it should be for champions only lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.