Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why always Lee?

Who the feck does this self-obsessed arsehole think he is?
Your job should 100% be about serious and informative questions regarding City.
You are not writing for a fanzine where "banter & zaniness" are appreciated.
Sammy Boy, I'm sure you comforted yourself with a good buffet at The Ethiad, playing the victim, despite saying you're not arsed.
Get a grip, grow a tougher skin and understand that good journalists gather new and interesting information.
Unbelievably, Sammy Boy, it isn't about you...

Has anyone else noted the proliferation of resemblances/relationships in the media over the past day or so? For example:

(a) Radio4's 'Why Do You Hate Me?' today featured the sorry case of online trolls targeting a professional footballer with abuse. Is that player who was the subject of the sickening abuse any relation to the professional footballer who was told during a recent game by a referee to stop abusing another professional footballer regarding the second player's family/children?

(b) BBC Six'o'Clock News tonight featured an in-depth, public softening-up piece on a billionaire tax exile who has just purchased a minority stake in a private company which is heavily in debt. The billionaire promised to try to rebuild the company back up to its 'former glories'. Is the money which will be needed for this rebuilding venture any relation at all to sources of finance also known as 'government/tax payer funds'?

(c) The interview with the tax exile billionaire was conducted in a supine, grovelling manner by a breathless BBC Sport journalist. Is this journalist any relation to another journalist who fearlessly attacks other, similar businesses for being 'state aided', breathlessly, of course? Further, is the said 'journalist' actually any relation at all to 'journalism'?

Perhaps it's just me but there seem to be so many resemblances and similarities around these days.. I think we should be told what's going on. If anyone can cast any light on these coincidences, these questions, I'd be most grateful..!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.