Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Slimy Salford Stone has to yet again of course inc us in his story about Everton having 10 points deducted to 6. I am sure is he had to do the weather reports for a week to cover someone he would still link our charges into that.
Why we allow this Rag into the ground is still a mystery, no doubt he was the one to ask Pep about the Rags

The rags dislike him as much as on here. They think he's anti-utd and always doing sly digs at them.

Regarding Stones latest BBC item, apparently CITY have been charged with over 100 offences icluding illegal payments and non co-operation.

IF you are reading this Stones, for once in your worthless life get your facts right.
CITY have not been charged with anything.
Allegations have been made and it is up to the organisation that made the allegations to prove them.
Where has it been suggested, other than in the gutter press, that CITY have not co-operated? Or are you harping on about the CAS settlement?
Why don’t you concentrate on your homework or crayoning instead of trying to look important by comparing un-related shite?
I feel sure someone is digging a hole for you..
Or maybe you’re digging your own.
Prick.

I know he's not especially well liked my many, but I did enjoy this from Barry Glendenning.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

To read or listen to some of the reports from Wembley yesterday, one could be forgiven for thinking the gnarled and streetwise, serial-winning veterans of Chelsea had just lost a Fizzy Cup final by a cricket score to Liverpool’s Under-14s. As is often the case, some mid-match musings of a Sky Sports pundit were used as a stick with which to beat the losing manager after the game and a visibly distraught Mauricio Pochettino was forced to defend his vanquished team against Gary Neville’s slightly melodramatic suggestion that the Blues were overpriced donkeys for losing a final to children by a solitary goal, scored in the knockings of extra time.

Never mind that here was a game that, give or take an offside patella, could easily have gone the other way. Or that Pochettino started five players aged 22 or under, compared to Liverpool’s three. Never mind that the combined age of the XI that finished the final for Liverpool was higher than their opponents. Ignore the fact that the scorer of Liverpool’s winning goal cost £75m six years ago and had more big-match experience than most of Chelsea’s players. Never mind that the post-match narrative dictated that Chelsea’s considerable injury issues were ignored. And that they are a demonstrably worse team than Liverpool, who sit 25 points and 10 places above them in the league. “It’s Klopp’s kids against the blue billion-pound bottle-jobs,” announced Neville, whose scathing summation was seized upon by many who heard it and went on to form the basis of no end of chin-stroking post-match analysis from writers and broadcasters who couldn’t possibly have watched the fascinating game of exceptionally fine margins that had just been played.

“I didn’t hear what he said, but if you compare the age of the two groups, I think it is similar,” said Pochettino, upon being asked to comment on Neville’s analysis. “I have a good relationship with Gary and I don’t know if that’s how I can take this opinion. But I respect his opinion. We made a few changes with [Conor] Gallagher and [Ben] Chilwell in extra time. But it is true we didn’t keep the energy of how we finished the second half. I don’t know how you can describe this situation. But I feel proud. I feel proud of the players, I think they made a big effort.”

While Football Daily could scarcely agree more with the consensus that Liverpool’s young academy graduates performed commendably upon being thrown into the white-hot heat of battle, it also behoves us to note that they are – to a whey-faced teen – all very good at football and were not just some ragbag assortment of random street urchins who had stowed away in the Liverpool team bus before it left Merseyside. While talk of blue, billionaire bottle-jobs might make for a snappy and alliterative soundbite, we can’t help think Gary’s glib, gantry gripe was a bit unfair.

It's funny how the narrative about LFC being United's main rivals has vanished into the ether now they are pals (certainly their fans are these days).
Every rag I know stills hates them with a passion. One rag mate remarked he was glad it was a leap year as he had an extra day to hate the scousers. United hate us, I'd be dissapointed if they didn't but they hate scousers as much if not more so. If Liverpool hate us more than the rags at the moment it's down to jealousy, if the rags were top dogs they would be hated more. A United v Liverpool cup final might be the BBCs wet dream but its the polices worse nightmare.

Every rag I know stills hates them with a passion. One rag mate remarked he was glad it was a leap year as he had an extra day to hate the scousers. United hate us, I'd be dissapointed if they didn't but they hate scousers as much if not more so. If Liverpool hate us more than the rags at the moment it's down to jealousy, if the rags were top dogs they would be hated more. A United v Liverpool cup final might be the BBCs wet dream but its the polices worse nightmare.
If the dips win the title they equal Man Utds twenty English titles, not a single rag wants that for obvious reasons, especially when you factor in the dips six European Cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.