Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m afraid you’ve bought into the lie about the United/Liverpool “rivalry” being the biggest in the world.
The truth is it didn’t exist in any meaningful way until the early 90’s. It was invented by both clubs and Sky tv in order to sell tee shirts and TV subscriptions to gullible idiots.

Sure, United hated Liverpool in the 70’s and 80’s because they were the best team in the country but that wasn’t a unique feeling limited to United fans. Everyone hated Liverpool in those times just like everyone hated United in the 90’s and early 00’s and everyone hates us nowadays. For the same reason.

The “United/Liverpool rivalry” is no bigger or more extensive than the “Doncaster Rovers/Liverpool” or “Ipswich town/United” rivalry. Ie: fans of two teams hate each other. Twas ever thus.

The whole charade started at the same time as the explosion in televised football coverage. If Sky had started a few years earlier than it did the media today would be full of stories calling the “Villa/forest” rivalry the “biggest in world sport”.

It’s a perfect example of how those two shit stained clubs manage to manipulate the media.
I would say the Liverpool/United rivalry is one of the few that is worldwide, they live next door to each other in Frome, Stroud, Conway, Oslo, Timbuktu and Timbukthree, it gives the glory hunting masses from one horse towns a long way from the North West a sense of belonging to a rivalry. Everton and City fans should trademark the “rivalry de shipcanalio” when we both finish battling the authorities

I’m sure it’s just about the amount of times the US has had summer & Winter Olympics & about to get their 2nd World Cup, not long after China & Russia.

Surely he wouldn’t bother writing books about little Emirates….
That squash-faced midget is a clueless clown. He writes racist drivel for racists and agendarists.
The world runs on misinformation these days, and he is spuds deep in producing and distributing it. All the while telling us little folk how to live our lives to his standards.
The irony of ironies.
He's the danger to free thinking democracy, not the liberator of it.

That squash-faced midget is a clueless clown. He writes racist drivel for racists and agendarists.
The world runs on misinformation these days, and he is spuds deep in producing and distributing it. All the while telling us little folk how to live our lives to his standards.
The irony of ironies.
He's the danger to free thinking democracy, not the liberator of it.

Agree with all that.

I’m afraid you’ve bought into the lie about the United/Liverpool “rivalry” being the biggest in the world.
The truth is it didn’t exist in any meaningful way until the early 90’s. It was invented by both clubs and Sky tv in order to sell tee shirts and TV subscriptions to gullible idiots.

Sure, United hated Liverpool in the 70’s and 80’s because they were the best team in the country but that wasn’t a unique feeling limited to United fans. Everyone hated Liverpool in those times just like everyone hated United in the 90’s and early 00’s and everyone hates us nowadays. For the same reason.

The “United/Liverpool rivalry” is no bigger or more extensive than the “Doncaster Rovers/Liverpool” or “Ipswich town/United” rivalry. Ie: fans of two teams hate each other. Twas ever thus.

The whole charade started at the same time as the explosion in televised football coverage. If Sky had started a few years earlier than it did the media today would be full of stories calling the “Villa/forest” rivalry the “biggest in world sport”.

It’s a perfect example of how those two shit stained clubs manage to manipulate the media.
Couldn't agree more, especially with the timing of the Premier League explosion in the early 90s, when 20 years earlier the main focus would have been on Don Revie v Brian Clough

We all know that it's mutually beneficial for both United and Liverpool to continually talk about their rivalry, but I do wonder what will happen when Neville and Carragher cease to be relevant (and it will happen) because there won't be an obvious replacement, especially when the proportional increase in younger City fans starts to kick-in with the Sky viewing figures.

For example Gael Clichy and Danny Sturridge have both started to appear on Sky, and regardless of how we view their punditry(and I actually think Clichy is quite good) they're not going to bore everyone senseless with tales of how Liverpool felt when United did the treble etc etc.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, especially with the timing of the Premier League explosion in the early 90s, when 20 years earlier the main focus would have been on Don Revie v Brian Clough

We all know that it's mutually beneficial for both United and Liverpool to continually talk about their rivalry, but I do wonder what will happen when Neville and Carragher cease to be relevant (and it will happen) because there won't be an obvious replacement, especially when the proportional increase in younger City fans starts to kick-in with the Sky viewing figures.

For example Gael Clichy and Danny Sturridge have both started to appear on Sky, and regardless of how we view their punditry(and I actually think Clichy is quite good) they're not going to bore everyone senseless with tales of how Liverpool felt when United did the treble etc etc.
I like Gael Clichy. Gives really good insight and has no bias like he did last night.

Sturridge on the other hand is a complete disaster. Acts like a fanboy, offers no insight whatsoever and I think he's just there for the "bantz" with his mates Micah & Jamie

I like Gael Clichy. Gives really good insight and has no bias like he did last night.

Sturridge on the other hand is a complete disaster. Acts like a fanboy, offers no insight whatsoever and I think he's just there for the "bantz" with his mates Micah & Jamie
and that is why he will be kept on and clichy wont, sly sports are just a glorified version of talkshite, where the stupid laughs and clickbait bullshit is king, the banter is cringingly forced.

Agree completely,.but Sturridge is hardly a Liverpool "legend" who can play the United-Rivalry card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.