Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delaney has a book out about all things Sportswashing.

Apparently because we're In what feels a crucial period for the game's history.

No - the crucial period was thirtyish years ago, when gate receipts stopped being shared, the PL was formed to keep more money for the bigger clubs, and the CL was formed, and expanded leading to a financial gap so big that even simple billionaires were priced out. Oh, and FFP to tie it all up neatly.

I read the other day a piece by the Liverpool "journalist" in the Athletic. He genuinely said that he felt the problems of today's football were caused by teams with unlimited wealth forcing up prices. It's his fucking job to know this stuff.

I started a thread a couple of years ago about this, titled something like "is Gary Neville a secret dipper?"
He was willing them on to beat us to the title.
Strange when you think the dippers are their supposed arch rivals and City are irrelevant to the Rags.
Could it be him and Spitty are more than just work colleagues???
I am feeling very unwell thinking about the spawn they would produce!!

Apparently because we're In what feels a crucial period for the game's history.

No - the crucial period was thirtyish years ago, when gate receipts stopped being shared, the PL was formed to keep more money for the bigger clubs, and the CL was formed, and expanded leading to a financial gap so big that even simple billionaires were priced out. Oh, and FFP to tie it all up neatly.

I read the other day a piece by the Liverpool "journalist" in the Athletic. He genuinely said that he felt the problems of today's football were caused by teams with unlimited wealth forcing up prices. It's his fucking job to know this
should be, but he clearly sees that his job is to blow smoke up Liverpool’s arse….and who fucking cares about the truth - he doesn’t that’s for sure.

Fuckin roan has to mention us again.

shoot the bastard!
Just as the feature began on BBC News I said to Mrs Bill that Roan would mention us, even though that news topic had feck all to do with City. That slug Roan never fails to deliver. Compare it to last week's bigging-up of Scruffy Jim on the same channel, and still there are those who maintain there's no agenda.

I started a thread a couple of years ago about this, titled something like "is Gary Neville a secret dipper?"
He was willing them on to beat us to the title.
Strange when you think the dippers are their supposed arch rivals and City are irrelevant to the Rags.
Could it be him and Spitty are more than just work colleagues???
I’m afraid you’ve bought into the lie about the United/Liverpool “rivalry” being the biggest in the world.
The truth is it didn’t exist in any meaningful way until the early 90’s. It was invented by both clubs and Sky tv in order to sell tee shirts and TV subscriptions to gullible idiots.

Sure, United hated Liverpool in the 70’s and 80’s because they were the best team in the country but that wasn’t a unique feeling limited to United fans. Everyone hated Liverpool in those times just like everyone hated United in the 90’s and early 00’s and everyone hates us nowadays. For the same reason.

The “United/Liverpool rivalry” is no bigger or more extensive than the “Doncaster Rovers/Liverpool” or “Ipswich town/United” rivalry. Ie: fans of two teams hate each other. Twas ever thus.

The whole charade started at the same time as the explosion in televised football coverage. If Sky had started a few years earlier than it did the media today would be full of stories calling the “Villa/forest” rivalry the “biggest in world sport”.

It’s a perfect example of how those two shit stained clubs manage to manipulate the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.