Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that right? Maybe you can educate me on why judging someone on their ethnicity does not constitute racism.
because it’s not judging you at all, simply indicative of Mahrez not being relatable for a lot of our fans for who he is. Same way a lot of Liverpool fans love Mo Salah but cannot quite relate to him or Mane for that matter, that’s also down to individual cultures and practices. So yes, you can take it for what it is. You don’t have to feel attacked or insecure like you’ve been called out.

Correct me if I am wrong however, this is a discussion forum, maybe I can try and see your point of view as well.

If you want to pick apart that lazy Sam Lee article for what it really is, is the fact of him calling blues out for not rating/appreciating Mahrez which is factually incorrect. Twitter does not count because he was clearly one of the more unanimously loved players, every player frustrates and has their ups and downs but to claim a player with his achievements wasn’t shown love is absolutely bizarre. That’s the angle we should be taking it from, instead of somehow twisting it into a racist monologue.

because it’s not judging you at all, simply indicative of Mahrez not being relatable for a lot of our fans for who he is. Same way a lot of Liverpool fans love Mo Salah but cannot quite relate to him or Mane for that matter, that’s also down to individual cultures and practices. So yes, you can take it for what it is. You don’t have to feel attacked or insecure like you’ve been called out.

Correct me if I am wrong however, this is a discussion forum, maybe I can try and see your point of view as well.

I actually agree that cultural / ethnic differences can impact relatability but we are talking about a Manchester City footballer, therefore we relate to him. If we didn’t due his Algerian ethnicity & Muslim faith then that must be prejudice. Ali Bernabia was a cult hero for City & he shares the same heritage so it’s an insult & I mean a big fucking lazy insult to claim otherwise & no surprise that Sam Lee is behind it.

I actually agree that cultural / ethnic differences can impact relatability but we are talking about a Manchester City footballer, therefore we relate to him. If we didn’t due his Algerian ethnicity & Muslim faith then that must be prejudice. Ali Bernabia was a cult hero for City & he shares the same heritage so it’s an insult & I mean a big fucking lazy insult to claim otherwise & no surprise that Sam Lee is behind it.
That part I agree with, I think it had more to do with his personality on and off the pitch. He was a rather silent character in comparison. I mean Mendy wasn’t a quarter of the footballer but was relatable and popular due to his antics (when he first joined), so I as said I do believe it is absolutely poor from Sam Lee to think of it that way, but I do not believe the idea was to insinuate any racism on our part, because blues know we valued Mahrez and did not take his heritage/faith into account to not rate him higher than someone like a Haaland. As I said, it is lazy journalism. It’s meant to incite and get traction, which it undoubtedly did. He could have worded the relatability part way better, but the you’d be expecting too much.

If you want to pick apart that lazy Sam Lee article for what it really is, is the fact of him calling blues out for not rating/appreciating Mahrez which is factually incorrect. Twitter does not count because he was clearly one of the more unanimously loved players, every player frustrates and has their ups and downs but to claim a player with his achievements wasn’t shown love is absolutely bizarre. That’s the angle we should be taking it from, instead of somehow twisting it into a racist monologue.

The closest player to Mahrez in the City squad is Wythenshawes Cole Palmer & I rate both but you’ll hear people question them. They remind me of Geordie Chris Waddle who had Wembley boo boys in full voice in his hey day. The languid style that allows them to float past players can seem lazy & disinterested when it doesn’t come off but no Sam Lee calls ethnicity into it. Maybe he’s the one who needs to have a look at himself.

He’s not calling anyone racist here at all. He’s actually right about that, it’s a relatability factor. Could have put it in a much much better way, but then you’re asking for elevated journalistic standards, which is too much to expect from ‘The Athletic’
Don’t think a normal guy that works hard all week on a building site can relate to any multi millionaire playboys who kick a ball for a living, no matter what colour of skin they are

I tell you who I don’t relate to……Sam Lee! He’s a snide ****, supports the Rags, no balance, sucks up to the WhatsApp knobs & thinks mumbling ffs Mahrez after missing last minute pens is due to his faith & ethnicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.