Media Discussion - 2023/24

A lot of posters on here complain that City/Pep do not fight back more against the media but lets be honest, outside of BM, who had seen the Fulham vid of rat face feigning injury ? Until Ten Hag demanded an apology I would say very few. Now the world has. Every media outlet (bar sky ?) are covering it and of course showing the Vid.
Perhaps City have it right after all. ;-)
City have always done their talking on the pitch..long may it continue

I too am a good, working-class Mancunian and I've been in journalism longer than that.
I actually don't believe there is an agenda against City... there is however a completely irrational cock-sucking devotion to scouse, scum etc - fk knows why.
SEO 'experts' have their reasoning and it is hard to deny the popularity of the rat-bastards.
Just proves 99 per cent of people can't tell Stork from butter.
They are, as ever, confusing quality with quantity.
I have asked... they are the bigger draw, reader-wise, click wise etc - it cannot be denied.

However, not so much now... things are turning - it's glacial but happening.

Now watch some trumped-up charges attempt to hobble that progress.
If there really is no agenda against City, why is it that not one journalist has asked the question or approached our FFP dealings with ‘What if Manchester City are really innocent?’
There is a general assumption that we must have done something wrong perpetuated by every part of the media and no one is willing to swim against the current.
Even if we are found innocent, just as we were at CAS, we were still found guilty by the press.

Some people are obsessed with finding negative things about City in the media.

That Ladyman article is really positive. The message is: there is nothing wrong with City's domination and even with another City Treble, as they are simply the best.

Those passages which may seem to be negative are there to show that the author's intention is not to write a PR piece or something.
It’s like those picture that resemble two things. Depending which angle you look at it from.

Like a pic of Ten Haag. And when you turn your head slightly it’s a picture of a cock.

If there really is no agenda against City, why is it that not one journalist has asked the question or approached our FFP dealings with ‘What if Manchester City are really innocent?’
There is a general assumption that we must have done something wrong perpetuated by every part of the media and no one is willing to swim against the current.
Even if we are found innocent, just as we were at CAS, we were still found guilty by the press.
Modern day media is really just a clickbait operation. The days of journalists challenging the groupthink status quo are over, apart from a few exceptions. Most stories are written based on a pre-conceived angle and the narrative is driven by what produces the most clicks and in our case that means negative coverage for City which is lapped up by vast numbers of LFC and MUFC fans. These are dangerous times where the most important stories are just not covered any more in the mainstream media. The truth is a rare commodity and nowadays everything is tribal (look at the state of our politics). I am not sure if there is an "agenda" as such (apart from some individuals) but there is certainly a commercial bias against City.

Palmer saying Poch has improved him as a player, never read past the title, not getting a click off me, BBC pages.

I don't think it's a hit price on us, nor is it an over the top City love in. Its a weird bit of both there is clearly balance, snide digs and fulsome praise. As such it swings from one extreme to the other and as such is quite a jarring read.

But lets reflect - If he wanted to write another City bad article, fine its an easy piece to publish and the red readers will go yep City bad. What he has written includes the digs, but is otherwise actively pro-City, that must have been a hard to sell to his editor. For anyone outside of City this article is heresy, yes it includes no fans and financial doping but otherwise it points out how good we actually are and that is a message that many won't want to hear.
Out of interest, what exactly do you think are snide digs in there?

So far this week we’ve had KDB to Saudi, Haaland to Barce, Haaland to Madrid, Kovacic to Saudi. Plenty of time for more made up bollocks yet
Sadly Kevin will be off soon not sure it will be Saudi and hopefully not until 25 or 26. With respect to Halaand unfortunately he is highly likely to end up in Spain well before he is 30.
I don't like the fuckers but they are only spouting bollocks as far as tomorrow is concerned but in the long run they are probably correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.