Media Discussion - 2023/24

A good friend of mine and proper Blue, Simon Hill, has been in journalism for 35-odd years. Did well for himself, presented BBC News24, 5-Live commentary and eventually moved to Oz to be the main anchorman on Fox Sports premier league coverage.

He swears blind that there is no agenda against City. He still sees journalism as a noble profession. He gets pretty worked up when I even suggest his profession might just be dying on the vine. Absolutely refuses to engage in any criticism of his fellow scribes and will not engage in any discussion referring to clickbait.

He's a good, working class Mancunian, great company and dyed in the wool Blue. If he won't see it, then good luck with the rest of 'em.
Sorry Dodge I know he's your mate but that says a lot. Modern journalism is anything but noble.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for taking some time to contact us about our Sky Sports commentators Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher.

We spend a great deal of time and energy selecting our punditry line-ups in our effort to ensure that our customers are enlightened and entertained.

Clearly all pundits have certain affiliations to clubs they played for or support. Some of these are obvious and some less so. With our regular pundits we expect them to analyse and comment in a balanced and unbiased manner but even with them we accept that this can be difficult.

Football supporters are passionate about their teams and I don’t believe we should be seeking to just provide a totally ‘neutral’ coverage because I think that would be less entertaining but also less enlightening.

I am always disappointed to hear a customer has not enjoyed our coverage and we very much take on board all feedback, positive and negative.
Sidestepped the main point well didn't they.

Ladyboy's latest scribblings - make of it what you will:

View attachment 108634
It's another hit piece masking as praise. The snide references to the atmosphere, the belittling of our achievements etc etc. The likes of Ladyman are so in thrall to the 80s/90s elite that nothing we do can ever compare.

They are watching and hoping we trip up. The football is secondary to them.

Watching us now must be similar for them now to us watching Liverpool in the 80s. Utterly soul-destroying. The difference being that was before the PL started and every club had to quietly accept their place in the food chain. Woe betide any club that tries to compete, or even worse than that, usurp the Red lemmings.

"There are stories and plots everywhere you look in the Premier League right now. City are rarely one of them"

He's fucking joking right? The major short-term and long term plots ALL involve us. Where are these other plots and stories? The battle for survival between Luton and Forest? Or for the Europa League between Ushited and Newcastle? Mmm, or could it possibly be a little higher up the table. Seriously they will stop at nothing to try to belittle our club.

Last edited:
It's another hit piece masking as praise. The snide references to the atmosphere, the belittling of our achievements etc etc. The likes of Ladyman are so in thrall to the 80s/90s elite that nothing we do can ever compare.

They are watching and hoping we trip up. The football is secondary to them.

Watching us now must be similar for them now to us watching Liverpool in the 80s. Utterly soul-destroying. The difference being that was before the PL started and every club had to quietly accept their place in the food chain. Woe betide any club that tries to compete, or even worse than that, usurp the Red lemmings.

"There are stories and plots everywhere you look in the Premier League right now. City are rarely one of them"

He's fucking joking right? The major short-term and long term plots ALL involve us. Where are these other plots and stories? The battle for survival between Luton and Forest? Or for the Europa League between Ushited and Newcastle? Mmm, or could it possibly be a little higher up the table. Seriously they will stop at nothing to try to belittle our club.
Wow, is that really how you read it? Did you think he was bigging up united at the end as well then?

A good friend of mine and proper Blue, Simon Hill, has been in journalism for 35-odd years. Did well for himself, presented BBC News24, 5-Live commentary and eventually moved to Oz to be the main anchorman on Fox Sports premier league coverage.

He swears blind that there is no agenda against City. He still sees journalism as a noble profession. He gets pretty worked up when I even suggest his profession might just be dying on the vine. Absolutely refuses to engage in any criticism of his fellow scribes and will not engage in any discussion referring to clickbait.

He's a good, working class Mancunian, great company and dyed in the wool Blue. If he won't see it, then good luck with the rest of 'em.
That's strange considering even some of our players have highlighted double standards in reporting...........

Some people are obsessed with finding negative things about City in the media.

That Ladyman article is really positive. The message is: there is nothing wrong with City's domination and even with another City Treble, as they are simply the best.

Those passages which may seem to be negative are there to show that the author's intention is not to write a PR piece or something.

Last edited:
I must admit, it was a strange article. Maybe people see his track record on us and see something different. For me it looks like an article to fill up spaces in his news output. It's a nothing piece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.