Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the day I realised that despite the best efforts of our players the PiGMOL always had their fingers on the scales.
Check the number of fouls and how many yellow cards for those fouls. I wonder if Taylor was after the record for the most number of fouls without the issue of a yellow card - technical cards (timewasting, bringing the ball back slowly to the place the foul took place) not included.

I've thought for a while that the areas where PiGOL's finest can manipulate a game has grown with the number of trophies we've won. The issue of a yellow card puts a clear damper on that player if they have a brain cell to call their own, the totally opaque added time, and now we have the farce of players having to collect a ball from a spot (more timewasting not getting the nearest one!)

Taylor had to let Bernardo's weekly trip go unpunished because he'd let Arsenal get away with so much.
It was like his performance at Anfield when he let everything go, but VAR got involved when we scored and pulled it back for a foul by Haaland; the sort of challenge TAYLOR had let go all game.

The media will praise him but he will referee Bournemouth and Luton differently, so he should be called for his lack of consistency.

Last I checked, both teams walked away with a point. One team turned up to play football. Yet we get commented like we lost while the Goons got a resounding victory.

Both teams are challenging for the title, but you would think we, the perennial title contenders, bottled it against a relegation-threatened side that put in a brave and valorous defensive display.

People piling on Haaland, but wtf have Havertz and Jesus done? And their starboy Sakashit is about as ineffectual.

Taylor had to let Bernardo's weekly trip go unpunished because he'd let Arsenal get away with so much.
It was like his performance at Anfield when he let everything go, but VAR got involved when we scored and pulled it back for a foul by Haaland; the sort of challenge TAYLOR had let go all game.

The media will praise him but he will referee Bournemouth and Luton differently, so he should be called for his lack of consistency.
I think the more fans clamour for consistency the less fans see of it.

Check the number of fouls and how many yellow cards for those fouls. I wonder if Taylor was after the record for the most number of fouls without the issue of a yellow card - technical cards (timewasting, bringing the ball back slowly to the place the foul took place) not included.

I've thought for a while that the areas where PiGOL's finest can manipulate a game has grown with the number of trophies we've won. The issue of a yellow card puts a clear damper on that player if they have a brain cell to call their own, the totally opaque added time, and now we have the farce of players having to collect a ball from a spot (more timewasting not getting the nearest one!)
I've said it elsewhere; games are refereed differently depending on the teams meaning teams are not subject to the same application of the rules of the competition, i.e. UNFAIR.

I'm almost certain the that referees are given specific instruction on how certain teams should be refereed. For instance, our game relies so much on passing the opposition to death, but the amount of times opposition players get to break our rhythm with multiple blatant fouls that go unpunished? Arsenal got away with a hatful of challenges that could easily have drawn a card, but the PiGMOL twat refused to issue a card that he knew would have a bearing on the game.

If the threshold of what constitutes a YC that had been applied to the same degree the same referee has applied in other games he's officiated in this season was applied yesterday we win that game at a canter. Taylor has issued 109 yellow cards this season (I believe that also includes the 2 for timewasting yesterday), which is 18 more than the next referee, Simon Hooper. You're telling me non of those Arsenal fouls yesterday reached the threshold of any of those cards he's already dished out this season? Absolute bullshit.

It STINKS.

Shame he didnt play
Yup.. it was like when I was 10 years old as I was going to the game yesterday, me all excited at the prospect of seeing England's 'wunderkind' Damian Rice, for whom Arsenal paid the record transfer fee.

Just like when I used to go to Maine Road to see such as Jimmy Greaves or Alex Young or John White or 'Bronco' Layne or whoever..

I'd heard so much about him and his dynamic, attacking play from those ever so helpful pundits on the telly who give up their precious time to educate us so comprehensively with their wisdom and knowledge on modern day football!

But I didn't see him at all yesterday. Did he play? Mind, did any of the equally dynamic, attack-minded Arsenal team play yesterday? Imagine my disappointment at their collective 'no-show' when trudging back for the train home!

I'm thinking of writing to City to ask for my money back..

Yup.. it was like when I was 10 years old as I was going to the game yesterday, me all excited at the prospect of seeing England's 'wunderkind' Damian Rice, for whom Arsenal paid the record transfer fee.

Just like when I used to go to Maine Road to see such as Jimmy Greaves or Alex Young or John White or 'Bronco' Layne or whoever..

I'd heard so much about him and his dynamic, attacking play from those ever so helpful pundits on the telly who give up their precious time to educate us so comprehensively with their wisdom and knowledge on modern day football!

But I didn't see him at all yesterday. Did he play? Mind, did any of the equally dynamic, attack-minded Arsenal team play yesterday? Imagine my disappointment at their collective 'no-show' when trudging back for the train home!

I'm thinking of writing to City to ask for my money back..

Just posted something similar in the 'is it the end of the world ' thread !

Love it that the press are swallowing up the statement that pep said the league is done.
Got a slight ring to Mancini coming out with the same ironically against Arsenal.

Like fuck it's over.

Exactly. We're still in a better position in the league than we were last year and we know what happened there.

For Arsenal, allegedly aspiring to be champions, to play so negatively, was really surprising, especially considering they're not only competing with us, but Liverpool as well. There are a lot of games still to play and arguably their run in is the most difficult of the three sides. It felt like they've gone early with the park the bus approach. Time will tell if that was actually a good point for them, after all.

If we can win against Villa, aside from Spurs away, our fixtures do look more winnable. Clearly that guarantees nothing, especially with FA Cup and Champs League fixtures coming thick and fast, but its not a bad set of fixtures going into the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.