Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to point out that the days of bored kids running social media and moderating comments are long gone. It's a very serious and professional industry with a ton of statutory requirements

You’re giving them way too much credit here. It will likely be trainee reporters (at best) moderating the comments.

They will be working to libel law guidelines but they will still be extremely junior members of staff with limited industry knowledge - you ain’t getting seasoned journalists or legal teams sifting through online comments.

Interesting 'City bending the rules" piece by Herbert in Mail on Line.
Almost like he's disappointed not to have received his letter yet.
I fecking loathe ' Grubby Club' Herbert,Holt, Ladyboy and Raith Al Wotsisname. All fan Boyz with not a shred of decency and integrity imo amongst them in matters City.

The other point of view to "the club has failed" is that, we are currently champions of everything and have overtaken almost every other team on the planet in terms of support and online following. We haven't failed in our approach to the media as a whole, we have very much succeeded.

Did anyone really think that the red tops would just let a club come along and sweep everything away from them without a concerted effort via the media and other channels to stop it? It's not personal to City, it's just the very essence of a cartel. They will never stop trying and we will never stop fighting. But we have and will never fail.
The other point of view to "the club has failed" is that, we are currently champions of everything and have overtaken almost every other team on the planet in terms of support and online following. We haven't failed in our approach to the media as a whole, we have very much succeeded.

Did anyone really think that the red tops would just let a club come along and sweep everything away from them without a concerted effort via the media and other channels to stop it? It's not personal to City, it's just the very essence of a cartel. They will never stop trying and we will never stop fighting. But we have and will never fail.

Talking of the red tops, there's a big Klopp puff-piece in today's Grauniad. I find this overeulogisation of Klopp, whom the article concedes mainly finishes second or third, baffling.

Talking of the red tops, there's a big Klopp puff-piece in today's Grauniad. I find this overeulogisation of Klopp, whom the article concedes mainly finishes second or third, baffling.
It relies on a narrative of a plucky underdog, spending buttons, up against a monolithic enemy with a huge squad and unlimited funds.

Utter bollocks, of course, but it's a classic 'English' story.

Paul Hince seemed to manage okay writing for the MEN. Blue through and through, but remained relatively objective. Alright, mainly because we were mostly shit, but that's not the point.
I think in the era of “clicks for money,” the substantive, thoughtful, unbiased journo is a rare breed. Today, it’s about “How far can I go down this path without doing irreparable harm?”

Sad state of affairs, especially wrt the 115 charges. There’s only been one decent national football journo of repute who has put the whole thing in context and given us even close to a fair shake.

I can only imagine the howls of derision they’re stockpiling for any 115 outcome that doesn’t feed their bloodlust and triggers the fans of most other clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.