Media Discussion - 2023/24

Welcome to the Manchester (how ironic) Guardian.

Packed full of so called journalists constantly ready to slag off our club. Lieu’s reference to us encapsulates the contempt the paper holds for us. How dare the little people stick up for the club they support.

Guardian talks of integrity, fairness and bravery but is happy to run with the cartel pack and whip up dislike of a club from the city it started from. If only our owners were American venture capitalists. If only the club would know its place so they could make money out of a hard luck story.

City fans should never forget what the cowards at this paper have done. They don’t like us so don’t fund them.

The bitterness from Jonathan Liew's latest spewings over at The Guardian.

Shan't be linking it for the obvious but I found the below passage a particular high/ point of the article.

'Beyond that, a frightening calm. There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated.' :-)

View attachment 118229

He also goes on about Pep being worried by Fulham and changing the training to suit.
It's not news, I did a stadium tour about 10 years ago and was told City have training pitches the same as all other pl clubs. Most pl use the same pitch but a few still use old soil based pitches, so City have one training pitch of the old soil spec.
I think at the time I did the tour City had 3 pitches of different spec. As the pl at the time had 3 different spec pitches.

As other have pointed out for years, you can go unbeaten and get relegated (would have been the case in several seasons over the past ten years), so it shouldn’t be the main aim of any club.
Exactly correct. Saying that going unbeaten is the pinnacle of achievement ignores 150 years of league football being points-based.

Unless Keown thinks the current PL table should look like this?
1st Man City; Lost 3; Pts "Doesn't Matter"
2nd Liverpool; Lost 4
3rd Arsenal; Lost 5

Somehow I think the evolutionary throwback would have a different opinion this year.

Exactly correct. Saying that going unbeaten is the pinnacle of achievement ignores 150 years of league football being points-based.

Unless Keown thinks the current PL table should look like this?
1st Man City; Lost 3; Pts "Doesn't Matter"
2nd Liverpool; Lost 4
3rd Arsenal; Lost 5

Somehow I think the evolutionary throwback would have a different opinion this year.
Keown is a clueless, biased Tarquin shill.
Whenever he starts spouting bollocks, he goes on mute as I think about the clip posted on here a few weeks ago when he lost it on Talkshite.

One of the very first unjustified insults was around the sacking of Hughes & already having Mancini lined up. We faced lies & abuse & racist insinuations that that’s not how we do things over here…. The defence of surely it makes perfect sense if you know what you are doing fell on deaf ears.

Meanwhile I must have heard half a dozen times today that Ten Hag can’t be sacked until they have coach lined up.
It was even worse than that, they claimed that Mancini was sat in the one of the boxes watching during the last game before we sacked Hughes.

I've just had to turn off SSN before I threw the remote at the TV. They were interviewing Saka and asking him what it's like playing at the rags and dippers grounds giving Saka the opportunity to bang on about history.

The bitterness from Jonathan Liew's latest spewings over at The Guardian.

Shan't be linking it for the obvious but I found the below passage a particular high/ point of the article.

'Beyond that, a frightening calm. There is a school of thought out there that City is a club driven by grudges and enmities, fuelled by antagonism and spoiling for scraps at any opportunity. Perhaps this is true at a boardroom level, or on the wild frontiers of the internet, where City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated.' :-)

View attachment 118229
Skilfully maintained by who? How? Is he finally outing himself and his fellow shills?

Is he claiming Arsenal and the dippers deliberately threw those two games on the same weekend to put us back in charge? Does he really think we're that good that we can lose points early on and still easily overtake other teams making it a foregone conclusion?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.