Media Discussion - 2023/24

I think one thing we have to consider is that after 16 years of this ownership group there's a generation of fans who have no conscious memory of us being anything other than a title contender.

I've been to enough Prem games in the Pep era where the atmosphere is very much just waiting for us to go 3-0 up, followed by a chorus of "you've seen the champions, now fuck off home".

It runs a little deeper than people might want to admit and some of our fans who didn't see the days where Gerard Wiekens was a big signing are a little spoiled in comparison.

Not to mention with the fan/media reaction to the FFP stuff, some fans have probably become a little vitriolic towards all other English clubs because of the shit we have to listen to.

We get treated like the evil empire, it gets to a point where some will just kind of just take that moniker and wear it.
But they’re reminded every day by the media & rival fans.

That is the sentence of the month.

It sums up the media in this country perfectly.

I would also hazard a guess that is also one of reasons they've become so bitter. Not just because MCFC are front and centre in the premier league but because they know they've let themselves down professionally.

The real problem for the majority of these hacks is coming around the track. At some point (heaven forbid) MCFC will framed by the prevailing media in the same sycophantic way the rags and Liverpool have been over the years.

That will leave at least six (off the top of my head) of them looking elsewhere for gainful employment.
Let’s hope so, and I’ve corrected myself on “sole” to “soul” :-)

Wieks was a lovely player - bit like Horlick, if they weren't continuously towing a piano on their backs and had half a yard would have been playing at a far higher level than we were at the time they joined..........
One of the City fanzines used to have a section on Johnny Macken and his Piano, it wasn’t KOTK, just can’t bring it to mind, think we had one with Chips and Gravy in the title, something like that.

Enjoying the brilliant Alyson Rudds column in the Sunday Times.

Subject of her article is autographs but as per usual it’s a fawning love letter to LFC.

Really puts that Martin Samuel in the shade with his ridiculous well thought out non biased views.

Subject of her article is autographs but as per usual it’s a fawning love letter to LFC.

Really puts that Martin Samuel in the shade with his ridiculous well thought out non biased views.
The press really are crap these days and it's no wonder that virtually no one thinks they are unbiased.

God is she still going?

Zelda must be in her 70s at least now.

One look at Master Jonathan Liew tells you all you need to know. Creepy. Weirdo. I'm guessing Home counties. Obviously marginalised at school. The bearer of many grudges. He spends most of his time lying on his bed, staring at the Dennis Bergkamp poster on the ceiling, dreaming up the drivel he produces. Once he's cleaned himself up and hid the tissues under the bed, it's off to the laptop. Tw*t. (John Cooper Clarke).

Last edited:
You could also argue that we have not been truly shit for a very long time, more than 20 years. We had excellent football under Keegan, Royle, and Sven. Just one poor season with Pearce and that was a mid table PL year.
That's also true. Since coming back up in 02, we haven't really even been in any kind of relegation scrap either.

People will point to that 8-1 Boro game but that was an isolated incident due to the wreckage at the end of the Sven/Thaksin period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.